Chevrolet Chevelle Forums

Chevrolet Chevelle Forums (http://chevelleforum.net/index.php)
-   Chevelle Wheels & Tires (http://chevelleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   does anyone have ralley wheels on your chevelle? (http://chevelleforum.net/showthread.php?t=3922)

SS Shaun 10-14-2013 01:43 PM

does anyone have ralley wheels on your chevelle?

I was looking on google to see what the rims would look like and i am not finding much with those 15 inch rally wheels like what i am about to put on my chevelle.
i am talking about these kinds of wheels
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjgyWDEwMj...M89!~~48_2.JPG

anyone on here with those kind of wheels on your chevelle?

shadowgray396 10-14-2013 06:55 PM

I like the wheels and have been looking for a set for my trailer, but have to admit I like the smaller cap better, like the middle picture. Here's a few pic's.

Ms Grumpy 10-14-2013 07:50 PM

I have a set of the center caps and beauty rings for mine. I used them til I got the black rims. Not sure if I have seen them on a Chevelle.

SS Shaun 10-14-2013 10:40 PM

I can tell you this they are TOTALLY different looking on my car. I guess I got use to the air wheels on my car

RBeckman 10-15-2013 01:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
For some reason I don't like the look of these kind of rims on a 69 and I can't really put my finger on it and the same goes for the wheels that are on the red 71-72 that is on this Forum picture just does not look right to me on a 69

I have posted a couple picks of some aftermarket wheels a couple of my friends put on their Chevelles that I don't think look to bad in my opinion.

Attachment 2913

Attachment 2914

Attachment 2915

Ms Grumpy 10-15-2013 06:46 PM

Your post made me think about the picture at the top of the page. I have never really been a fan of it and I was thinking about talking to my Web Master to see how hard it would be to change the pic every couple of months.

If I did this, who would be willing to submit a pic of their car to be at the top?
Do you like the idea ?
Give me some feedback...

RBeckman 10-15-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy (Post 48605)
Your post made me think about the picture at the top of the page. I have never really been a fan of it and I was thinking about talking to my Web Master to see how hard it would be to change the pic every couple of months.

If I did this, who would be willing to submit a pic of their car to be at the top?
Do you like the idea ?
Give me some feedback...

Nothing wrong with the pic on the top of the page and I think the wheels look good on it. I think it would be a great idea to post members Chevelle's up there...and I know mine is not the nearly the nicest out there but I would be honored to have it up there for a while.

flash 10-15-2013 07:24 PM

I would be honored as well to have Joan's vert on there as long as you can supply the pic.

71-SS350 10-15-2013 08:34 PM

I have 15x7 front and 15x8 rear ralley wheels on my '71. Stainless 2" trim rings on the front and stainless 3" trim rings on the back. Don't have any pics right now but will try and post some soon. Also running the '67 disc brake style center caps. They are re-pops I picked up at a swap meet but I do like the look. 225/70/15's on the front and 255/70/15's on the rear. Thinking of changing rear meats to a 60 series size, just not sure which size looks best. I like the look of littles and bigs, to much old school I guess.

BBChevelle 10-17-2013 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Im running 15x7 all the way and really like the way they look. I switched to the rallys from 5 spoke craigars and wouldn't switch back. A big factor in rim appearance is also the stance of the car and tire size. Im running a 215/75 I think with the white stripe out and its a tall tire. I also lowered the front 2 1/2 inches and the rear an 1 1/2. It really ties it together with the look I was after

Fat fingered from the phone- Corey