Chevrolet Chevelle Forums

Chevrolet Chevelle Forums (http://chevelleforum.net/index.php)
-   Chevelle Forums News (http://chevelleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Chevelle forums decals (http://chevelleforum.net/showthread.php?t=794)

grumpy 05-19-2010 08:33 AM

Chevelle forums decals

What would you like to see on a CF decal ? and would you put it on your cars widow. These would be the static cling type.

rak1 05-19-2010 09:27 AM

Yep on the rear window on the inside would be nice. How about the site name and internet address with color choices of the most common colors like Red, blue, green, yellow, etc on a white background. Something simple but elegant!!

piette 05-19-2010 10:42 AM

I would put a couple on the windows of my car for sure Dave!! I was hoping when things got rolling with this site we could get some window stickers.

As was said, I think I would do the site name, with a smaller site address below it, with some sort of chevelle-y type saying or something on it. As for colors, I would think just about any color would work fine, I know printing mutilple stickers would get really expensive and not be worth while for you, so I think a single sticker for the time being will have to suffice. You could even possibly have them printed red on a gray background just like the actual site is, then people may make that connection when they see a sticker at the car show or find our site then see a sticker or whatever.

My only suggestion is to keep it far enough away from TC stuff, I would rather be original than a ripoff artist of them. Something similar to what protouring.com does with a line drawing of a chevelle would be pretty cool in my opinion

Hank70SS 05-19-2010 11:06 AM

I'm not sure what you put on it. Definitely the site name and address. I would put one in my window for sure.

flash 05-19-2010 11:18 AM

I would need 2 to put on my 2 currently driveable cars.The design doesnt really matter to me .

rak1 05-19-2010 01:51 PM

After thinking about it for a moment I would go with what Jeff said. "You could even possibly have them printed red on a gray background just like the actual site is, then people may make that connection when they see a sticker at the car show or find our site then see a sticker or whatever". Do we have anyone who designs decals on this site?

BADCHVL 05-19-2010 03:24 PM

I think thats a great idea. I also agree with Jeff.That would be cool and i would definitly
put them on my car!

admin 05-19-2010 04:12 PM

Keep the feedback coming !

I will talk to our designer about throwing something together.

Dave

Ms Grumpy 05-19-2010 08:07 PM

I always try to think of a "tag line" when putting something like this together. But after thinking about it, I'm not sure if we would have enough room. I would like to see the word Chevelleforums.net stand out.

I would love to see the outline of a Chevelle in the backround, but then you have the question, what year Chevelle? \

Some people think that it is easy to do things like this, they are very mistaken. Hopefully we will be able to contact one of our friends who can help out with the design. But please keep your ideas coming.

Hank70SS 05-19-2010 09:03 PM

I would not do a Chevelle background. You have the 'What year?' issue to deal with for one thing. Maybe an "SS" or Super Sport? I know, not everyone has an SS, just a thought.

Maybe foreground Chevelle Forums, below that www.chevellforum.net. Background, '396', '427', '454', etc. scattered around.

shadowgray396 05-19-2010 09:04 PM

Decal would be a great idea.

prostreet4ever 05-20-2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank70SS (Post 9650)
I'm not sure what you put on it. Definitely the site name and address. I would put one in my window for sure.

...Waving....X2 !!

piette 05-20-2010 10:12 PM

I think if you were going to do a chevelle outline it should be a 70, purely because of how recognizable a 70 chevelle is, and I own a 69 so it certainly isnt based on personal preference.

You could also do a "chevelle" trunk script outline in the background instead of a car, that might be kind of cool.

I dont know that I would do any other type of designator, such as "SS" or " Malibu" or anything like that as you certainly dont want to segregate the site, or make new potential members feel they need to have an SS or whatever.

If a 3 color decal is possible, I think it would look neat to have "Chevrolet Chevelle Forums" across the top, with www.chevelleforum.org across the bottom all in site colors with a "chevelle" truck script through the middle in chrome.

Just some ideas to toss around

Jeff

Highway Star 05-20-2010 10:47 PM

I'd love to have a sticker for my car.

I don't was anything cheesy though, or dated looking, or too busy, or anything that we all can't put on our chevelles or elkies, even the guys with smallblock malibus (like me), not SS396 or SS454 or whatever.

We need to incorporate all years into the same sticker, the cursive script didn't come into use until '68 right?

I'm not trying to insert monkeys in wrenches here, friends. If it seems like I am, I'll can it.

Is there one emblem or logo that is definitive to all Chevelle variations?

grumpy 05-20-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 9790)
Is there one emblem or logo that is definitive to all Chevelle variations?

Ya know I honestly do not know the answer to that question.

I was leaning very heavily toward a type based sticker with our script from the top of the site. Just so it was tied in with the site.

Still trying to come up with something but id like to get a move on it. I would like to hand them out down in Tennessee next month.

Dave

grandsport 05-20-2010 10:59 PM

Jake,I think you know how I feel about monkeys. Let's keep them out of this,please.

Highway Star 05-20-2010 11:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/t...smiley-007.gif

Funny Gary.

I made this real quick. Clearly I am no designer. Sort of like what Mike was talking about?

rak1 05-21-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 9796)
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/t...smiley-007.gif

Funny Gary.

I made this real quick. Clearly I am no designer. Sort of like what Mike was talking about?

That great!! just remember to put "1967 are the best" at the bottom.:D

Ms Grumpy 05-21-2010 07:03 PM

I don't know if we can legally use the Chevy symbol. I do love the idea though. We have to come up with something soon so we have time to order them.

Highway Star 05-21-2010 10:05 PM

I have an idea, but can't make it on my computer...I just tried for a while...

What about a wheel and tire, maybe a rally wheel, or SS wheel with a nice meaty tire on it, and the RWL on the tire says www.chevelleforum.org around the top and something catchy around the bottom?

???

piette 05-21-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 9887)
I have an idea, but can't make it on my computer...I just tried for a while...

What about a wheel and tire, maybe a rally wheel, or SS wheel with a nice meaty tire on it, and the RWL on the tire says www.chevelleforum.org around the top and something catchy around the bottom?

???

I was thinking something almost exactly the same. The rally wheel idea is cool, www.chevelleforum.org across the top and maybe just something simple like "64 and up chevelle and elcamino forums" I would hate to see it say 64-72 and cut out those with later chevelles or elkies.

Jeff

Highway Star 05-21-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piette (Post 9888)
I was thinking something almost exactly the same. The rally wheel idea is cool, www.chevelleforum.org across the top and maybe just something simple like "64 and up chevelle and elcamino forums" I would hate to see it say 64-72 and cut out those with later chevelles or elkies.

Jeff

Perfect. Anyone second? Third? :D

Hank70SS 05-22-2010 06:24 AM

The wheel doesn't sound too bad but I've seen other emblems/stickers with a wheel. Maybe the 69/70 SS wheel is distinctive enough. I like the Chevelle script as well. Is it necessary to mention years at all? They didn't make the Chevelle until 64 so why say 64 and up?

Derek69SS 05-22-2010 09:08 AM

It's going to have to be "clean" and "low key" to go on my car... I'm not much of a sticker guy though.

grumpy 05-22-2010 09:36 AM

Were probably just going to use a type, based sticker, for now.

Highway Star 05-22-2010 09:53 AM

I'm not trying to be funny here, but if it isn't cool-looking, I'm not putting it on my car...kind of like Derek.

grandsport 05-22-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 9908)
I'm not trying to be funny here, but if it isn't cool-looking, I'm not putting it on my car...kind of like Derek.

I disagree,Jake. You are funnier than a barrel of monkeys.:p

grumpy 05-22-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 9908)

I agree ! !

Ms Grumpy 05-22-2010 12:51 PM

You guys have to remember that I will have a little bit of input on this, and I totally agree that if it is not cool, it's not going on my car.

There are so many factors, and that makes it so difficult, and we don't want to be like anyone else.

rak1 05-27-2010 02:27 PM

Any update? The Camino is waiting.....

grumpy 05-27-2010 03:46 PM

Just spoke to our designer last night. He came up with, what I think is a awesome idea. Should have artwork early next week.

Dave

1969SS396 05-29-2010 08:38 PM

Just thinking out loud here, wouldn't it be neat to also have T-shirts? I always wear a T-shirt probably like a lot of people here do and they range from my business logo, to car show stuff, lumber and material suppliers, etc. Maybe if the logo is something really neat the members on here would like to have a T-shirt done the same way to promote this forum when attending car shows.

Just a thought.

Ms Grumpy 05-29-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1969SS396 (Post 10579)
Just thinking out loud here, wouldn't it be neat to also have T-shirts? I always wear a T-shirt probably like a lot of people here do and they range from my business logo, to car show stuff, lumber and material suppliers, etc. Maybe if the logo is something really neat the members on here would like to have a T-shirt done the same way to promote this forum when attending car shows.

Just a thought.

I just smiled when I read this. Probably 90% of my wardrobe is car cruise shirts. I have stacks and stacks of cruise shirts. Every year I say I am gonna throw some away, but then I think, this is a cool shirt and they probably won't make another one like this. And they do, but I still hang onto that dang shirt.

Enough of my rant. I agree shirts are cool. But they are also an expense that might have to wait a little while.

grandsport 05-29-2010 10:08 PM

Instead of shirts,how about tattoos?:p

grumpy 05-30-2010 04:45 AM

Eventually we will do a Tee, for now were just starting small with decals.

flash 05-30-2010 08:21 PM

If you design a t-shirt we could each buy them as needed.

Ms Grumpy 05-30-2010 08:27 PM

Let's get the window sticker done first. There are not enough hours in the day right now. Sorry.

grandsport 05-30-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy (Post 10669)
Let's get the window sticker done first. There are not enough hours in the day right now. Sorry.

Yeah,Flash give her a break.:)

flash 05-30-2010 08:51 PM

No hurry, just throwing out ideas .

grandsport 05-30-2010 09:16 PM

Ideas are better to throw than rocks.

Am I in the right thread?