Chevrolet Chevelle Forums

Chevrolet Chevelle Forums (http://chevelleforum.net/index.php)
-   Chevelle General Talk (http://chevelleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hey Hank and Ric (http://chevelleforum.net/showthread.php?t=4767)

Ken Hayes 07-28-2017 03:17 PM

Hey Hank and Ric

Is everything still a go at Back to the Bricks this year.....same place, same time??

Hank70SS 07-28-2017 06:38 PM

Ric's been a bit of a no show for awhile. He's the guy in charge. I hope it's a go, we've had a lot going on for that last couple months. Haven't even had the Chevelle out for a real drive. Looking forward to Back To The Bricks and Frankenmuth. Will be a nice break from what we've been dealing with.

RBeckman 07-28-2017 07:38 PM

Hi guys working on it now, they never emailed like the did the last 5 years. Stay tuned.

FlintTony 07-29-2017 05:01 AM

One of the guys in charge of the Bricks called and asked if I would take the Hot Rod down to the Dort Federal Event Center on Friday. They are having a concert/show at that place. He wants me to put the car up on the hill, as a "feature car" next to the stage, along with three other "heavy hitters" as he called them. Some band from California is going to play and they want four of the best looking hot rods in the area to be there with them. I ran into him and Al Hatch, the founder of B2TB at the Davison cruise last night. They said I will get VIP treatment if I will take the car down there and leave it all day. Sounds like a pain in the ass, but I guess I'll do it anyways.

RBeckman 07-29-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintTony (Post 62443)
One of the guys in charge of the Bricks called and asked if I would take the Hot Rod down to the Dort Federal Event Center on Friday. They are having a concert/show at that place. He wants me to put the car up on the hill, as a "feature car" next to the stage, along with three other "heavy hitters" as he called them. Some band from California is going to play and they want four of the best looking hot rods in the area to be there with them. I ran into him and Al Hatch, the founder of B2TB at the Davison cruise last night. They said I will get VIP treatment if I will take the car down there and leave it all day. Sounds like a pain in the ass, but I guess I'll do it anyways.

I feel blessed to be your friend and having bought one of your cars.:banana:

Hank70SS 07-30-2017 06:44 AM

One of the guys from B2TB called me too. Asked me if I was bringing car. I said of course and he asked if I could leave it home. Says they're trying to keep the quality of the cars up this year. Only want the nice ones. Told him I'd think about it.

FlintTony 07-30-2017 06:56 AM

Hey man, I aint the one who said my car was so fkn nice. I've always called it junk and a POS.

RBeckman 07-30-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintTony (Post 62448)
Hey man, I aint the one who said my car was so fkn nice. I've always called it junk and a POS.

Thats the same thing you call us.

FlintTony 07-30-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBeckman (Post 62449)
Thats the same thing you call us.

Only when I'm with you. Guess what I call you when you aint around!

Hank70SS 07-30-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Tony, you don't have any junk cars. I've seen them all and they're all very nice.

Hank70SS 07-31-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Hey Tony, was thinking, I do that sometimes, not often but sometimes. I believe you got the wrong impression from my reply. Like you were bragging about how nice your car is. I was trying to make a comparison between the quality of my car vs yours and add a poor attempt at humor. Even if you were bragging about your car you have a right too. All of your cars are top notch. Well except the Nova. It looks great but we all know it can't be trusted to get from point A to point B.

Hey, here I go thinking again. I work for Mother Waddles now so if you want to donate that Nova let me know. I can come and tow it away, give you a receipt so you can claim a tax deduction and you can be done with it. Just a thought, anything I can do to help out a friend.

RBeckman 07-31-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank70SS (Post 62458)
Hey Tony, was thinking, I do that sometimes, not often but sometimes. I believe you got the wrong impression from my reply. Like you were bragging about how nice your car is. I was trying to make a comparison between the quality of my car vs yours and add a poor attempt at humor. Even if you were bragging about your car you have a right too. All of your cars are top notch. Well except the Nova. It looks great but we all know it can't be trusted to get from point A to point B.

Hey, here I go thinking again. I work for Mother Waddles now so if you want to donate that Nova let me know. I can come and tow it away, give you a receipt so you can claim a tax deduction and you can be done with it. Just a thought, anything I can do to help out a friend.

Yes it would then be donated to a family in Flint that does not have a car so that they get to work and back. Win win for all.

Also, I would take any of your vehicles off your hands up I would have to check a few things first to see if they work.

Hank70SS 07-31-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBeckman (Post 62460)
Yes it would then be donated to a family in Flint that does not have a car so that they get to work and back. Win win for all.

Also, I would take any of your vehicles off your hands up I would have to check a few things first to see if they work.

I would make sure I checked the clock. Seems to be a common failure point with older cars. At least that's what I've heard.

FlintTony 08-01-2017 03:36 AM

I found a guy on Craigslist that will haul junk cars for FREE!!! I'm just gonna call him and save you guys the aggravation of dealing with this shit.

I called the guy from B2TB and demanded a set of ropes around the junker. Gotta keep the idiots away from it this time. He agreed he would rope it off.

RBeckman 08-01-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintTony (Post 62462)
I found a guy on Craigslist that will haul junk cars for FREE!!! I'm just gonna call him and save you guys the aggravation of dealing with this shit.

I called the guy from B2TB and demanded a set of ropes around the junker. Gotta keep the idiots away from it this time. He agreed he would rope it off.

Is your glaucoma acting up again as your pretty ornery, go take your medicine and relax.

FlintTony 08-02-2017 04:50 AM

Gotta get a stress test today. Had an EKG Monday. They found something they didn't like, so off I go.

Hank70SS 08-02-2017 07:56 AM

Could luck Tony. Maybe time for you to slow down like Ken and I and relax a little.

RBeckman 08-02-2017 08:00 PM

Hope all is well Tony, sit back and relax

FlintTony 08-03-2017 03:41 AM

Can't slow down. I'll drop dead if I do. Waiting for the Doc to go over the test and see what he finds. I hate waiting. The bastards should be able to look at the readout and tell you right then and there what they found.

Got my back all whacked out again. Went to sawbones on Monday, going back again today. This should be posted in Kens thread about sucks getting old.

Found a seam on the radiator in the hot rod that was never soldered from new. Took the grille shell off and got that fixed. My brother was driving next to me in his truck, the sun was just right for him to see a green line going down the outside edge of the radiator. I'll be damned if it hasn't been leaking from day one. Not much, as its at the top of the tank and the water would just get blown away. Never saw a drop on the floor.

Hank70SS 08-05-2017 07:03 AM

Tony, get any results back on your stress test?

FlintTony 08-05-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank70SS (Post 62470)
Tony, get any results back on your stress test?

Nope. I called them yesterday and was told that my Doc no longer reads the test results. They send them out, most likely to India, to have them read. What a crock of shit.

FlintTony 08-10-2017 03:26 AM

Got the results Hank. No significant changes from last one.

The girl that told me they send the test results out is full of shit. They read them there at the office, and they were read last Thursday. The idiots never sent them back to the Doc after reading them. Been waiting a week, when they could have told me the day after the test.

Hank70SS 08-10-2017 07:50 AM

No significant change. I guess that's a good thing uh?

FlintTony 08-17-2017 04:36 AM

We went down to Grand Blanc last night for the cruise. Lots of cars and TV66, Fox, did an interview with Kathy. She was on TV news last night. Well what do you know, I'm married to a movie star! She did real good in the interview.

Hank70SS 08-17-2017 06:54 AM

Ask her if I can get her autograph and maybe a picture with her. Our local channels are out of Detroit so we missed it.

FlintTony 08-17-2017 06:05 PM

Well Hank, as my newest title is "Agent", I'm sure that we will have to charge a nominal fee for your requests. Do you want a topless picture or just street clothes?

Hank70SS 08-17-2017 06:11 PM

Not sure Kathy would go for the topless. Plus being friends that may not be appropriate so just street clothes would be fine. With her new found celebrity status I understand the fees associated with the request. Hopefully you can see your way to cut me a senior and friend discount.

FlintTony 08-17-2017 06:41 PM

Kathy goes topless a lot. I went topless last night when we were out driving around. Man, the road noise is terrible when we put the top down on the Camaro. I don't know why, but she likes those convertible cars. This Camaro is her second one.
PS.....You should see the people look when her and her 91 year old mom go topless.

PPS....Are we talking about the same meaning of "topless"? What would not be "appropriate" having a picture or two of Kathy driving around in her convertible with the top down? Ohhhhh, wait a second!

Shit man, forget about that "senior and friend" stuff. You get the "BROTHER" discount!!

PPPS......It's raining so bad, I'm not going up to the house, so I'm stuck out here in the shop, just looking at different shit on this ole interweb thing.