Chevrolet Chevelle Forums

Chevrolet Chevelle Forums (http://chevelleforum.net/index.php)
-   Events, shows or back yard gatherings (http://chevelleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Frankenmuth Auto Fest 2016 (http://chevelleforum.net/showthread.php?t=4612)

RBeckman 04-07-2016 07:32 PM

Frankenmuth Auto Fest 2016

Registration has begun. For all that have been there before you know what a great 3 day weekend it is and all the great people that you meet. This will be my 15th straight year attending and have met great people including Tony and Hank and have been friends ever since.

One of my fondest memories is showing Tony how I could watch rain showers with the radar weather app coming in on my phone and he wanted to do it on his flip phone (the same one he has 13 years later).

If want a great car show to attend this is one of them and here is the link

http://www.frankenmuthautofest.net/

Hank70SS 04-08-2016 06:41 AM

Looking forward to it as always. Anybody that hasn't been there and could make the trip, it's worth it. More cars than you can look at and a great time with friends.

FlintTony 04-19-2016 06:03 PM

I'm registered. Wonder if they will get me my room back this year. Nah, they think I'm a trouble-maker.

This fancy ass phone that I have now might have that weather thing on it Ric. I'll have to have you install it if it's there.

Hank70SS 04-26-2016 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintTony (Post 60497)
I'm registered. Wonder if they will get me my room back this year. Nah, they think I'm a trouble-maker.

What would make them think that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintTony (Post 60497)
This fancy ass phone that I have now might have that weather thing on it Ric. I'll have to have you install it if it's there.

If it's on your phone it's already installed. Just need to put a shortcut or widget for it on one of your screens. Can also go to apps, find it and run it from there.

FlintTony 09-01-2016 06:05 PM

Got a fresh coat of wax on the Hot-Rod. Ready to go!

RBeckman 09-02-2016 08:32 PM

The Camaro is almost ready and I'm looking forward to a couple days of good times with good friends.

Hank70SS 09-03-2016 06:46 AM

I still need to clean up the Chevelle a little. Got caught in the rain coming home from Back to the Bricks. It'll be ready.

Ken Hayes 09-03-2016 02:49 PM

We'll se ya's on Saturday.

FlintTony 09-03-2016 06:27 PM

See you guys there. You going to try to get the "usual" spot?

Ric, don't even think about bringing the Camaro unless you have gotten that F@#$#@KIN radio fixed!!!!

FlintTony 09-03-2016 06:27 PM

Hank, is Lynda and Jr coming with you?

RBeckman 09-03-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintTony (Post 61228)
See you guys there. You going to try to get the "usual" spot?

Ric, don't even think about bringing the Camaro unless you have gotten that F@#$#@KIN radio fixed!!!!

You mean the clock don't you? Oh yeah the radio quick working as well and the odometer just turned 41,000.

We had the same spot for 6-7 years now so why change?

FlintTony 09-04-2016 04:34 AM

Yeah, I meant the clock.

Hank70SS 09-04-2016 06:52 AM

YEs, we'll try for the usual spot, close to the water slide. Jr. is coming but not Lynda.

RBeckman 09-04-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank70SS (Post 61232)
YEs, we'll try for the usual spot, close to the water slide. Jr. is coming but not Lynda.

Tony are planning on coming in late? You are the early riser of the group so it is expected you are in line in front of us with coffee and donuts?

FlintTony 09-05-2016 04:18 AM

I sleep till noon, then take a nap at 3, so it will be around 5 when I get there.

Just looked at the weather. I hope they are lying again.

Hank70SS 09-06-2016 04:28 PM

Oh crap, I forgot to register. Not a big deal, I can register when I get there but I'd rather have done before hand. Kept meaning to do it but been so busy then when I went online it said preregistration was closed. Oh well.

Hank70SS 09-08-2016 04:35 PM

So I cleaned up the Chevelle today, filled it with gas and put the canopy in it. Was upstairs later and heard a big thud against one of the bedroom windows. Later I see a semi-conscious woodpecker laying in the driveway.

So where does he go when regains some of senses, into the garage. Eventually after bouncing off the walls and ceiling for a while he leaves. Of course he crapped all over the place, including the Chevelle while he was in there.

Hank70SS 09-13-2016 06:19 PM

Had a good weekend at Frankenmuth, as usual. Good turnout considering weather forecast. Hot and muggy for the big block party but lots of cars and good turnout.

Saturday was on and off clouds but the place was still packed. In the afternoon the front finally moved through and the rain started. We were on the other side of the park when it started to rain a little. I didn't put the plastic rain cover on the Chevelle, it was already wet. Ric and Eric put them on their cars. So we're standing under the canopies holding them down and trying to stay dry when the wind grabbed the cover off of Eric's 34 Ford. It blew down the road, about to wrap around a women walking when it filled with air. Looked like a jelly fish and went over her and eventually landed in tree. Hilarious, unfortunately no one caught a video of it, happened so fast.

The cover on Ric's Camaro was flapping in the wind, the water blowing into the lifted Jeep next to his car. Finally it blew off and covered the side of the jeep. A little late, the jeep was already soaked inside. My cover was fine under the back of the Chevelle.

So the rain stopped, we went into town and watched the cars cruising main street. Another great weekend with good friends. What's a little rain when you're with friends.

Hank70SS 09-13-2016 06:26 PM

Oh, forgot to mention. Tony drove his Nova up on Friday. Got into the park and it stalled, he's had some issues with it stalling. So instead of parking it when he got it started he drove it back home. Came back later in his truck. Saturday he spent the day working on it and comes back on Sunday morning when most people have already left.

Dumb ass, we missed you and Kathy on Saturday.

FlintTony 09-14-2016 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank70SS (Post 61269)
Oh, forgot to mention. Tony drove his Nova up on Friday. Got into the park and it stalled, he's had some issues with it stalling. So instead of parking it when he got it started he drove it back home. Came back later in his truck. Saturday he spent the day working on it and comes back on Sunday morning when most people have already left.

Dumb ass, we missed you and Kathy on Saturday.

First time that I've had a "vapor lock" issue on anything. I took the Pro-System high dollar carb off and put a new Holley 3310 on it. That's when the shit started.The underhood temp was causing a vapor lock. I took the hood insulation out and changed cooling fan. I had the Derale stainless flex-fan on it. Now has a 7 blade factory style one. Seems to have eliminated the heat problem. I drove it for a half hour, then let it idle for 15 minuets, didn't stall anymore.
Tell Henry call me and shoot me a decent offer and the POS Nova will be his. No warranty on the clock or radio though. Last time I gave a warranty, it has haunted me for years.
We would have liked to spend more time up there, but my feeble brain wouldn't let me .Had to fix the problem.

Hank70SS 09-16-2016 08:40 AM

Can't believe you were running a flex fan. I assume you installed a clutch too. My car had flex fan, I changed to stock 7 blade with clutch, never had a cooling problem.

FlintTony 09-16-2016 08:56 AM

There isn't room for a clutch fan on the Nova's. From the research that I did when I built the car, lots of guys recommended the Derale fan. Said it was the "best" one. I knew better, should have went with my first thought to go factory.

Hank70SS 09-17-2016 06:01 PM

Didn't know there wasn't enough room. That 7 blade must really roar when you wind up that 427.

FlintTony 09-17-2016 06:14 PM

Oh yeah, that summbitch howls! First time that I twisted it up, I pulled off to the side of the road and checked to see if the fan was rubbing the shroud. That's how much different it sounds.

That 40 Ford coupe that I was telling you about is here in the garage. My Brother bought it. Cars is NICE!!!!

RBeckman 09-17-2016 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the pic of Eric's car cover about 100 yards from his car

Attachment 3987

As for the Nova Tony, I had the highest bid of 25k and I've got cash in hand. When can I come and get it?

RBeckman 09-17-2016 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the Camaro minus the rain cover that ended up on the Jeep next to me. All we could do is watch as the wind was really hitting us with all the rain.

Attachment 3988

FlintTony 09-18-2016 03:47 AM

Hey Ric, I was entertaining the low-bids when I was in the "Nova hatin mood". I'm all better now, so price has gone up considerably. You would have to buy another lift, so in reality, I'm saving you some money for your retirement!

Hank70SS 09-18-2016 07:01 AM

I've never had the fan clutch lock up on the Chevelle but I know what it sounds like. The one on the motorhome was locking up while going through the mountains out west. Sounds like a jet engine winding up.

Oh, and I was high bidder at $23,500. Don't let Ric fool you, he never bid $25,000 while the official bidding was open. Now that it's closed he wants to sneak in with a higher bid. With all that noise from the fan I'm kinda thinking the price should drop not go up.

RBeckman 09-18-2016 10:38 AM

We all know the Nova will piss you off again as it ruined your weekend. Even what I know about your warranty practices I'm going to up my bid to 26K. Don't worry about me buying another lift as I need it anyway since I bought the Sky and have to park my truck outside so for $2500 I I'm sure the Nova will fit as well.

I did make the decision to retire effective Sept 30 from TRW but start a new job Oct 10th so all is good and I will keep paying into your entitlements and you won't have to give up your Obama smart phone that you now can track the weather or call for help when the Nova breaks down on you again as you know it will unless you just pumping good money into that money pit.

I wait your response.

Hank70SS 09-18-2016 06:08 PM

Entitlements, how dare you! I paid into SS and Medicare for over 40 years. Get your butt back to work and support the system.

Tony, I wouldn't sell the Nova to Ric no matter what he offers. Do you really want to hear about all the "problems" he has with it for the rest of your life? Oh, the fan makes so much noise. There's a slow leak in the left rear tire. No insulation under the hood, Blah, blah, blah. He'll give you another heart attack just listening to him, not worth it bud.

I'll take it off your hands and will never complain. Sold as is, no warranty expressed or implied. So really, who would you rather do business with? Should be a no brainer.

RBeckman 09-18-2016 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I paid in for 44 years so far and all I get to my friends live off my hard work. As for the Nova I want it so Tony does not get pissed again and have a heart attack. I already know about the no warranty and I live with that. Im sure he wants the Nova and Camaro to be together and it will add to my SS collection.

I found a Nova that I feel is more your speed. If fact I will buy one of these for you if you promise to stop trying to influence Tony on not selling to me as you know how easy he gets confused

Attachment 3989

FlintTony 09-19-2016 05:16 AM

Hank, finally some common sense talk! Let me get the final detail and wax done on the Nova, then you can come get it. Stop by Rics place on the way home and do a gigantic burn-out in his driveway.

Ric, I hope you put some thought into this job change and made damn sure you will be making enough money to support all of us "deplorable" bastards that refuse to work and only want 'hand-outs" from you poor working stiffs.

RBeckman 09-19-2016 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintTony (Post 61286)
Hank, finally some common sense talk! Let me get the final detail and wax done on the Nova, then you can come get it. Stop by Rics place on the way home and do a gigantic burn-out in his driveway.

Ric, I hope you put some thought into this job change and made damn sure you will be making enough money to support all of us "deplorable" bastards that refuse to work and only want 'hand-outs" from you poor working stiffs.

Well my 15% raise should cover your hand-outs and that is the main reason I'm doing it.

As for the Nova; if you can sleep at night knowing what Hank is going to do it then so be it. I know he is talking about raising it and putting on 26" spinners and some racing stripes, and some big tuner mufflers out back and top it off with a big bookshelf wing on the back.

FlintTony 09-19-2016 06:36 PM

OOOOOOHHH, the 26 inchers sound cool! With SPINNERS!!!!!! Be still my heart!