Chevrolet Chevelle Forums

Chevrolet Chevelle Forums (http://chevelleforum.net/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://chevelleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Everyone gone including the site owners. (http://chevelleforum.net/showthread.php?t=4847)

Hank70SS 05-04-2018 04:45 PM

Everyone gone including the site owners.

Got an another PM from someone who joined the site but can't post anything. I've emailed Nancy, then I PM'ed Nancy, Dave and Admin, no response. This site is not set up to run on auto-pilot and I can't do anything except moderate a few forums. I can't give him access and I can't reach anyone that can, so I'm out. I don't care to be a moderator that that can't help people when they need it. They reach out to me because they see I'm a moderator but there is nothing that I can do. Who knows how many others have tried to join and gave up because they don't have permission to post until they're approved. Not sure how long this site will last if the people running it take no interest in it.

FlintTony 05-05-2018 05:06 AM

It's been a loooooong time since Nancy has been on here. Wonder what happened to her?

Hank70SS 05-05-2018 06:26 AM

Not sure but if she can't log on here she needs to get someone to take care of the site. Things were changed so a new user has to be approved before they can post anything. How many people have joined and eventually walked away because they can't post. Maybe I can find out.

Hank70SS 05-05-2018 06:40 AM

Started going through the member list looking for users with zero posts. Only got through the first 3 pages, 90 members, 45 had zero posts. There are 2241 members, how many more have been denied access because no one is paying any attention to the site? I saw a few user names that were probably spammers but most looked to be legit user names. Something people thought about when they joined. Some people may join and never post but half of the first 90 members? I find that hard to believe.

So you wonder why this site is dead? Maybe that little bit of info will give you a clue.

mestorod70 05-05-2018 07:36 AM

Who is the site hosted with.?
Where are the dues being sent.?
Tell them the owner is dead and you want to take over.

chevymaher 05-06-2018 03:13 AM

I agree once Nancy disappeared the site went downhill for sure. Now you brought this up it makes sense why.

FlintTony 05-06-2018 04:22 AM

Didn't she have some other sites too? Wonder if they are left in the dark too?

Hank70SS 05-06-2018 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mestorod70 (Post 63614)
Who is the site hosted with.?
Where are the dues being sent.?
Tell them the owner is dead and you want to take over.

Don't know.
Don't know
No thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintTony (Post 63616)
Didn't she have some other sites too? Wonder if they are left in the dark too?

Yes they have AudioKarma and a political rant website. Not sure if they have others or if anyone is minding the store there.

Hank70SS 05-06-2018 07:13 AM

Just for shits and giggles I went through the next 3 pages of the member list. 41 of those 90 members have never posted. Still no response from anyone, Nancy, Dave or admin. Looks like we're on our own until the site finally dies a slow death. That's too bad. Good group of members here. No fighting or trashing other people, just need more members to contribute.

flash 05-06-2018 09:07 PM

I dont come around much either because nothing is happening since before they moved to Texas .

FlintTony 05-07-2018 04:07 AM

Well, we can hang out until the site is killed then.

flash 05-07-2018 05:43 AM

I will message Nancy thru FaceBook .

Hank70SS 05-07-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flash (Post 63626)
I will message Nancy thru FaceBook .

Funny she has time for facebook but not the site she wanted so much.

flash 05-07-2018 08:27 AM

She has been notified .

Ms Grumpy 05-07-2018 08:46 AM

I am going to come right out and say that I have been absent from here. Not because I forgot about the site but because I never realized how much this move was going to affect me. I am back in the game now and will be on the site and promoting it daily as I did before the move and I will get it growing again. As far as the new members, yes they do have to be approved because the spammers were hitting us hard. Part of that needed to be corrected on our other sites before I could get it under control here.
You guys don't know how embarrassed I am. I feel like I let everyone down. I am going to work my ass off to try to get us growing again.
I can only hope that you give me another chance.

kevinw 05-07-2018 09:57 AM

that's good Ms Grumpy that u are taking interest in this site again. thank you. this is a good forum with a lot of information, we all can help each other with our cars. I know that I have learned much on the car from here and appreciate the help from other peeps on here. I belong to a Trans Am forum and a 5th generation Camaro forum too, and those are very helpful too. thanks again for getting back involved. KW

flash 05-07-2018 11:35 AM

Hey Kevin , what Trans Am forum are you on , I may need to join one in order to sell my Trans Am .

shadowgray396 05-07-2018 02:57 PM

Wow, I thought we were going away. Glad to have Nancy back aboard and John glad to see you on here also. I haven't been on much because not much seemed to be going on. Almost finished the wife's project so I can get back into the game myself. I wish we could post video's on here, think it would bring in more interest.

kevinw 05-07-2018 04:28 PM

hi flash. I am on trans am country. I have a 79 T/A and there is classified on that site too if you trying to sell. it covers from 1st gen to 4th.

FlintTony 05-07-2018 06:19 PM

It seems like there are a few of us, scattered all over the Country, that have some pretty good conversations, share some bullshit, and sometimes give each other some shit. Lets keep that going. I enjoy it. You other posters are welcome to have a say too.In fact, this is the ONLY board that I post on anymore. No wait, once or twice a year I type something on the Yenko site.

flash 05-07-2018 08:17 PM

I dont come around much , just have no interest in my Vert anymore , the Elky is blocked in by a truck build . I actually loaned the vert out to a friend all weekend as it needed to be driven and I didnt want to drive it . When he brought it back today I drove it around the neighborhood and then parked it again , still not moved by it .

chevymaher 05-08-2018 02:17 AM

I come here at least once a day. I am screwing with this boat still sooo. I about got the hull rebuilt. Interior goes back in then motor. I wanna go float.

I will have interior picture in on it soon tho.

Then I got rust issues on the truck to deal with.

The chev is air conditioned and heated. Nothing bad happening to it. I will get back to it soon. I just got a bunch of irons in the fire.

I have had a ungodly number of chevelles in my life. And only a handful ever got painted. They just ran like scalded dogs. This one is different. I wanted it to be just so. And it is. It looks great sitting there as I stroll by.

Basically it is the eye candy effect the others lacked on. Which is one reason I don't understand the survivor patina thing. I have owned my share of POS looking ones. I want a actual nice one now.

It is my dream car. I don't know why but i never dreamed of owning a car that looked like it sat in a barn for 50 years. I was always more the wow I want that at the car show kinda guy.

Hank70SS 05-08-2018 07:22 AM

Glad to hear from you Nancy. This is a nice friendly site and I would hate to see it go. The car stuff is good but like Tony said the off topic discussions are important too. Makes for a friendlier group. I know some of these guys personally but still feel that many I don't know personally are friends too. You other guys out there, join in. Don't be put off because some of us know each other and throw around a lot of crap. Throw some yourself and let's keep things interesting.

Ms Grumpy 05-08-2018 08:57 AM

I have had a very rough last year. Most people would tell me that I was starting a new adventure, things will be so great, you are getting the big house that you always wanted, you can drive your car year round. Most of that stuff is true. But not everyone understands that I have spent my whole life, except for 1 year, living in Michigan, most of my family, lives in Michigan, my life and friends were Michigan.
Just before we moved we sold EVERYTHING we could. We came here with no bed, dressers, living room furniture, kitchen table....it was weird and neat starting over. But as time went on I started missing the things that I sold. We actually had a huge garage sale and I sold a lot of stuff from my kitchen and I started wishing I had that stuff.
No Kroger, just HEB and WalMart. I never shopped at WalMart in Michigan and now I have to change the way I shopped and the quality of stuff available. Here WalMart is god and if you don't go to WalMart you pay top dollar at Retail Outlet stores.
So I have had a lot of adjusting. I will continue my story later. I have some work to do here now.

Hank70SS 05-09-2018 07:14 AM

Hope you're getting settled in to your new life and enjoying it. While traveling we've been to a few towns where the only option is Walmart. At least here we have a few other options. Oh, and I hate Walmart. Good luck.

Ms Grumpy 05-11-2018 03:29 AM

Life has thrown us some challenges here. But we have done our best. The one thing that I can say is that grumpy has done his best to try to make me happy here. Right before we left Michigan I had sold our Toyota Yaris. It was our second vehicle and it was 9yrs old and only had 60,000 miles on it, it would have had a lot less if I hadn't driven to Texas 4 times in it, at 3,800 miles each time. A couple of months after we moved here David bought me a 2012 Silverado. Then a couple of weeks ago our 2003 Suburban decided it needed brakes and we decided that we were done with that money pit (story will come later) and last Friday I went and picked out a 2018 Malibu as our 2nd vehicle. I would have been happy with a used car but we couldn't pass up the price and zero financing. These are just a couple of things that David and my family have done because they know how homesick I still am for Michigan and my Michigan family.

Hank70SS 05-11-2018 06:59 AM

You probably said it before, don't recall, why Texas? Other family there, just wanted a change?

BillsCamino 05-17-2018 03:43 PM

I'm back...
Been out of the country the past 6 weeks. Passed thru all 24 time zones...

FlintTony 05-17-2018 05:37 PM

Welcome back. So, are you younger or older from the 24 time zones?

BillsCamino 05-17-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintTony (Post 63681)
Welcome back. So, are you younger or older from the 24 time zones?

Cruised across the Int'l Date Line...heading east.
There was two Tuesdays that week.
You go from a GMT +12 time zone into a GMT -12.

Ms Grumpy 05-25-2018 10:27 PM

Hank, why Texas ? Mostly because of Davids health and partly because it is a no state income tax state.

Hank70SS 05-27-2018 06:25 AM

How is David doing? Hope Texas is helping.