Chevrolet Chevelle Forums

Chevrolet Chevelle Forums (http://chevelleforum.net/index.php)
-   Chevelle Forums News (http://chevelleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New members and spam (http://chevelleforum.net/showthread.php?t=4035)

Ms Grumpy 01-01-2014 05:42 PM

New members and spam

In an effort to decrease the amount of spam that we had been receiving on our site. I have closed open registration. Instead I have made it so that every new member has to have it's IP address verified. I have made more work for myself, but I think that this has helped to stop spammers from joining the site and driving us crazy.

For the new members, I do appologize for the wait, I do try to get to registrations every single day, sometimes twice a day.

If you find any spammers that got by me, please let me know.

Thank you,
Nancy

flash 01-01-2014 06:05 PM

Hey ,I got by you .

Hank70SS 01-01-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flash (Post 50255)
Hey ,I got by you .

Don't worry Nancy, I'll take care of this guy.

You're doing a good job, I haven't seen nearly as much spam as before.

shadowgray396 01-01-2014 07:08 PM

It's been a problem also for other sites. Some are now closing down at night because of it. Thanks for staying on top of it.

RBeckman 01-01-2014 08:40 PM

Maybe you could get one of these retired guys here in Michigan ( I won't name names at this time) to give you a hand. I can't vouch for them as they are kind of shady bunch.

Ken Hayes 01-02-2014 07:20 AM

Hey, who you callin "Shady Bunch"?? :-)

Nancy, if you ever need any help just let me know. Sometimes being retired can get kinda boring.

RBeckman 01-02-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Hayes (Post 50276)
Hey, who you callin "Shady Bunch"?? :-)

Nancy, if you ever need any help just let me know. Sometimes being retired can get kinda boring.

Ha, Ken I did not know you were retired as well, I was talking about Tony and Hank.

Am I the only one here in Michigan working? I can't afford to support all of you this year with all the kids college cost so some of you are going to have to pitch in. Please sent checks directly to me or I do take PayPal.

flash 01-02-2014 01:37 PM

No wonder Detroit is in trouble ,nobody up there is working ,JK.LOL

RBeckman 01-02-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flash (Post 50283)
No wonder Detroit is in trouble ,nobody up there is working ,JK.LOL

You are right..I'm walking around with holes in my underwear and socks because all the taxes I'm paying and these guys are buying motorhomes and building mansions in Florida so they don't get cold during the winter. What am I doing wrong? Got to get back to work.

Take note that none of them have responded yet as they are still sleeping.

Ken Hayes 01-02-2014 03:14 PM

Gotta have our afternoon naps ya see.

Yeah Ric, I've been retired since 2008. COPD and workin in a dirty shop (grinding dust, welding smoke, cutting oil smoke) just wasnt cuttin it any more.