Chevrolet Chevelle Forums

Chevrolet Chevelle Forums (http://chevelleforum.net/index.php)
-   Chevelle General Talk (http://chevelleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Why no traffic on this site? (http://chevelleforum.net/showthread.php?t=4760)

pitts64 06-26-2017 07:54 AM

Why no traffic on this site?

Why the lack of traffic on this site?

This site works so much better then the other broken down Chevelle site yet everybody stays on it..

I don't understand?

flash 06-26-2017 11:53 AM

It used to be pretty active ,I still check in daily though .I kind of lost interest when my wife died but Im getting back into it slowly .I just need to get her Malibu back roadworthy .

FlintTony 06-26-2017 05:46 PM

I check in daily, but usually just don't have anything to add. About that other broken down site, I have been there for 17 years, I think. I took the site off my favorites list and will most likely never go there again. It has become a real pain in the ass with the corporate owners. Every time I go there, nothing but aggravation trying to log in, the "new" site is junk, and most of the guys that I had conversations with are gone too. It would be nice to see more of the old regular guys from there show up here.

Hank70SS 06-26-2017 06:48 PM

I haven't been on that other site in over a year. They sent me an email, said here's you new password. Tried to log in with it repeatedly with no luck. Was going to email back and tell them then said why? I never go on that site so why bother.

As for this site, I do check in but have been busy. Painting inside when raining, working outside when nice. Plan is to go through the whole house while I can still do this crap, then we're done. The 3 bedrooms and both baths have been remodeled. Kitchen, eating area and hallway are painted. Just have the family room, dining room and living room on the inside. Oh, and the downstairs half bath. New deck railings and stairs, shutters and a new front door. Then the outside will be done.

We went camping over Memorial Day, no internet, no cell service and no TV. It was nice. Then we just got back last Tuesday night from a week in LA visiting with our daughter. We've also been busy dealing with people for some landscaping, new sidewalk in front and new patio in back. Thursday we head back up north for the 4th of July weekend. Again no internet, cell, or TV. Just beer, food, guns and fireworks. What could go wrong? :rolleyes:

I backed the Chevelle out of the garage a few weeks so we could clean it out, that's been it. Hopefully next month things will slow down but I know it probably won't. Like I said, get this done while I can still do this stuff then hopefully sit back and relax until they stick me in a home.

carpoor 06-27-2017 06:51 PM

Like everyone else, I check it almost daily, but don't have anything to add. It's hot, humid, rains almost every day. I am in no mood to do much. Plus, work is picking up... damn 4th of July weekend.

2-2.5 months of this crap, then hopefully the weather cools down and my motivation returns.

I have been doing indoor things... gun range, gym, napping with my dogs.

chevymaher 06-28-2017 06:20 AM

Me to I am here every day. I am working on my boat at the moment. Chevelle got one more semester of college before I go back to it. Books a nd tuition before car parts. But i did sit in it and play the radio yesterday LOL.

RBeckman 06-28-2017 08:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just so busy with the new Job even though this was suppose to be my wind down job but there are so many cool things I'm involved with and I'm sure knowing that in the next couple years I will retire for good I want to go out on top knowing I really made a difference.

Plus I have been into the Jeep aftermarket at work that I spend a lot of time on those forums working on those work issues with our new product launches.

This is my ride on some weekends going to Jeep outings.

Attachment 4174

Attachment 4175

flash 06-28-2017 10:17 PM

I had surgery today and when I get back home Im going full blast getting Joan's Malivert back on the road .She would be mad at me for not taking better care of her pride and joy ,just been too much going on to keep up.

yellow69 07-01-2017 07:38 PM

I check every few days, I like the respectable people here better than the other side, but seem to read more on the over there. I do wish this had more traffic.

chevymaher 07-02-2017 05:29 AM

The dark side does seem to strive to be as rude and annoying as possible doesn't it?