Chevrolet Chevelle Forums

Chevrolet Chevelle Forums (http://chevelleforum.net/index.php)
-   Chevelle Pro-Touring (http://chevelleforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   anyone have an ls1/lsx swapped chevelle? (http://chevelleforum.net/showthread.php?t=2381)

SS Shaun 12-05-2011 08:38 PM

anyone have an ls1/lsx swapped chevelle?

just looking at some stuff see what anyone has or has done

Rank 12-05-2011 10:07 PM

Havent done it yet but I plan on picking up a camaro or firebird donor and go with an LS.... I think using the donor is gonna give me most the parts I will need and whole cars are available for about 3 grand out here .... seems like the most sensible way to go.

SS Shaun 12-06-2011 08:10 AM

yeah thats what i did with my rx7 when i did my swap but for the chevelle i got a deal and a half on my lq4 swap i just need an alt and a tb for it to run

hemiqc2003 03-08-2012 09:44 AM

Doing an LQ4/4L60E swap right now, probably won't be done for about another year as also taking body off frame at the same time. If you check out LS1Tech, there is a lot of info over there on GM A-body swaps.

SS Shaun 03-08-2012 11:15 AM

yeah i searched there and found a lot of great info the only problem i am having is with the oil pan selection. i am reading to many horror stories about using the classic car oil pan and it not fitting over the steering arms. and it sits about 1 to 1.5 inches below the crossmember. but i put the ls1 swap on hold for a while until i get the 454 sold. but i still dont know what i am going to do yet

69.lt1chevelle 06-14-2012 11:30 PM

I am really curious about this! I Have been researching for a while now and have started compiling a parts list. Do you guys mind making sure I am on track?

needed parts:
gas tank with electric sending unit, custom or b-body
return line to gas tank
flashed ecu, or handheld for obd2 models
rewired harness
a-body headers
swap mounts?
ctsv oil pan, or aftermarket
radiator, with electric fan setup
depending on trans modified driveshaft
depending on trans digi to mechanical speedo cable
lt/ls motor

what all am I missing, I have swapped out many motors in imports, but I wanna be prepared for this in my 69, I like to have all parts at the house ready to go and not wait on anything.

Thanks for all future info and advice.

Ms Grumpy 06-15-2012 09:45 PM

I think that I need to back off a little on the spending on my car right now. Just did the EFI and A/C and I need to save some for the new mufflers.

As far as an LS1 motor, I would seriously consider one when I get my next Chevelle. So I am going to watch and see what works as you build your motor.

SS Shaun 06-16-2012 12:03 AM

i was on the fence about putting an ls1 in my chevelle i can tell you one thing tho i am in love with the LQ4 but when i got the chance to sit in my buddy's 496 i can truely tell you there is no replacement for displacement! :)

Ms Grumpy 06-16-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Shaun (Post 36139)
There is no replacement for displacement! :)

Sounds like a great thing to put on a shirt.

SS Shaun 06-16-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy (Post 36143)
Sounds like a great thing to put on a shirt.

lol going to keep it PG :)