View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 07:06 PM

yeah, saw that on ebay, but there are 2 problems. first, reserve not met, and guy probably has it at 18 or 20K

second, I not thrilled about trying to buy a car on ebay, cause I don't like bidding on something I have no clue what it is. that makes me nervous.
small items I have bought, but when you talking 12-18K, I need to know what I am buying.
spoke to a chevelle owner last nite, he got a 68 SS earlier this year at Mecum when it was here in Kansas city. he paid 21K, looks nice on outside, but he had to put thousands into for bent frame fixed, ball joints, all new electrical, and stuff.

what I like about craigs, is I can have a local mechanic who is near the car go look at it, and I pay him over phone with a credit card. I did this last year when I bought my T/A in Windsor , Canada. it was well worth the 130 bucks. I saw two other T/A earlier, had them checked, and they weren't up to snuff, so its a small investment . I know they aren't going to catch everything, but in this day and age with fraud, misposting, etc, I for sure am going to make sure the car exists, and goes forward and backward and has seats and a steering wheel, etc before I wire 10 or 20K to a perfect stranger.

it be nice to buy locally, but there is nothing here but high , over priced cars in the 30s or overpriced pieces of junk that guys wat 12K for.

I am no hurry, and really don't need another car. but, if I find one that is legit, then I may go for it.
K