View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 09:42 PM

Thanks guys. This car means a ton to me and my wife - who if you read the story, I dated in this car in high school. She loves it as much as I do, so I pretty much had the green light to not hold back. For many years I did not have the time, nor could I afford to do right by this car. Everything was a compromise. There are still some compromises here and there - but they are all things I can live with. And they are all things I can change when the time comes. Tonight, I replaced the mismatch (body shop lost one of the originals) door strikers with a nice set from Totally Stainless. I can now report that the passenger door closes much better then it did yesterday. I will keep plugging away and someday perhaps I won't be tempted to keep messing with it. I still have to install the inner fender dust shields, get the exhaust all the way out the back, trim up the rear wheelwells so I don't F up my tires, figure out what I am going to do for a windshield washer bottle, and reroute the parking brake cable slightly so there is no chance of it coming in contact with the tranny slip yoke, and get it to a few shows this summer. Planning on getting to the Super Chevy show at Madison Illinois and the Street Machine Nationals in DuQuoin Illinois. I might even crash the Hot Rod Power tour when it goes through Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. We will see.
TJ