View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 08:11 AM

NOCC Awards
People often ask me, what type of awards do you give away at the Northern Regional Chevelle Show in Ohio? First let me say that we love all Chevelles from the Daily Driver to the Perfectly Restored Trailer Queen. We love Race Car and Pro-Street Cars. This show is more about bringing the Chevelle community together and having fun. For those of you have never attended our show, the awards ceremony is a fast pace event filled with slap stick comedy, lots of prizes, an auction, and some trophies. We award the top 50 Chevelles, Malibu’s, or El Caminos picked by our participants. We have a top ten award for our Club cars judged by a new and different guest judge each year. Our philosophy is to give only one award out per participant, so if you win a special award you are taken out of the top 50 awards. Then we have special awards sponsored by many individuals for various categories. The only special award that Club Members are eligible for is the MCACN award. There are no points involved and final decisions for the awards are made by key members of the Northern Ohio Chevelle Club Show Committee.

Here are some of the special awards….
Best Chevelle sponsored by Dave Krespan
Marines Pick Award - Red Jacket sponsored by Sam Sanguinito
Hard Luck Award sponsored by the Chevelle Club of Michigan
Best Malibu sponsored by Dave Hambleton
Best El Camino sponsored by The Lorkowski Family
Jeff & Tracie Paulin sponsor several awards
Young Guns Award for car owners under 30 years old
Favorite Current Race Car
Favorite Retired race Car
Favorite Retired race Car #2
Holiday Inn Sleeper Award
Strongsville PD Crime Stoppers & Rich Rutt Most likely to Evade Award
Survivor Award sponsored by Phil Wojnarowski
Chevelle Club of Michigan Best Engineered
Peoples Choice - voted by show partipants
Muscle Car and Corvette National Entry - NOCC Blue Jacket / Represent NOCC at MCACN
Best of Show Don Sitts Pick NOCC Red Jacket
Best Convertible / Bruce Bender Memorial Award – Mel Bender
Best Detail Award – sponsored by ???
Pick – sponsored by Tri State Chevelle
Pick – Rose Marchesi Memorial Award
Top 50 sponsored by O-Rielly’s and others TBD

We may add other awards based on sponsors. We will have a drawing for two piece roll around tool box that has been professionally pinstriped and a 40” Color LED TV. Each participant will receive a photo of their entry at the show with a special border showing the theme of the show and sponsors of the photo. Question???? Send me a PM and I will answer the best I can.