View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
What all do you have left to do? Do you need any parts? I may have something laying around that you could use.
I appreciate the offer.

I need things I got to buy. Interior and either rebuild this 454 I got or buy a crate one. I got belt drives both big and small block alt and starters everything just about except one thing.

A drive shaft. Just the shaft would do. I got yokes.

But other than motor and interior from the dash back. Dash as you know is finished. It is basically done. I got the rear seat frame. It has the buckets in it. They are not horrible but I am going to recover them.

Like I said I am in hobbyshop prison since my wife went to college. I got one more semester and after that she be working. It will get done fairly quickly after that.

I do got a almost perfect complete set of 68 chrome left over tho. Heater core and a under the hood air unit to a 69 year I think but it is close. I bought it for mine. But got the el camino parts car and it had one. new 68 antenna but i went with the in windshield 69 type.

She does look sweet to me down there tho. Freshly waxed. I can say it is exactly what I always wanted. Colors stripes stereo all options I always dreamed of. Power everything and air. You know chevelles were always basically optionless if they were performance oriented. Which was why I sold the SS and kept the malibu parts car in the first place.

It was my dream car. I purposely picked options and chrome from any years I pleased. Just tried to make it look like it could have been a factory set up.

I been oggling her. Like a high school date when she says she got to go home while petting. So close yet so far LOL.

I am restoring that boat I got now to. Needed stringers and transom. So I am keeping busy. I am grinding out the hull at the moment. That will keep me busy till school lets out.

Once you get used to doing this stuff it is hard and boring not having some project going on all the time.

Couple pics of her. She she isn't being neglected. Gets cleaned more than any other car that never moves LOL.