View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 08:10 AM

Been a while since I updated this thread and lots of things have been done to the old Vette in the past 9 months.... So here y'all go, or for you northern folk, youse or yiz go.

Sometime around August last year I drove the car over to a friend's house and he tore the entire thing apart from the firewall forward. Quite literally, there was not a single nut, bolt or screw left in the car forward of the firewall.

One last night-time cruise in the car before it was all to be torn out!

A final picture of my perfectly good running, numbers matching Vette that was about to be torn down

My buddy's garage where the work is/was going to be done. I'd say it was in good hands!

Let the destruction begin!

Original engine and transmission. I've never really been one to drool over numbers cars and considering this was the "base" level car it really didn't bring any value to me. I am going to keep an eye on the motor and trans as I know the car it is going into in the event 10 or 15 years from now I kick myself for pulling a numbers car apart. If this was something rare I would have stuck the motor in the basement along with the useless 350 that came out of my Chevelle. Anyway, moving on...