View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 06:00 AM

Yesterdays adventure after my doctors visit was. Painted the steering wheel and horn button, lower air vent that shows and the under the hood section of the steering column.

Steering wheel turned out amazing. I am floored it didn't sag run or have dry spots. Alot of different angles and tight spots getting paint everywhere. I put it on a extra steering column I modified to do it. It was a usual 68 wheel cracks everywhere. Gaps in the ring. Better out of the 2 I had tho. Under the horn button area I got a permanent resident now. Some kind of tiny bug in the paint. My brother and I call them paint bugs. Little green guys. You never see them Untill you spray paint. They seem to be attracted to the smell. Little Kamikazi's

Horn button masking the little aluminum trim areas was a trip. It was the Elky's blue one. The black one I had was to pitted on the trim line to be repaired. Pic is blurry but I will have a better one once the SS emblem comes and the horn buttons are in on the wheel. It is a satin color and it about half dry just turning in the pics. I checked it last night it was looking alot better.

Vent piece was in the bed and broken when I got the truck. Little fiberglass work you cant tell it was ever damaged inside or out. I like when that happens.

Soon as I get some coffee in me I headed down to assemble and clean the horn contacts. Assemble the lower column parts. Then see if the upper interior parts need any touch up work before primer.

My interior air exchanger box I restored years ago. Took it apart and cleaned repaired and painted the inside so it will never rust. If i get primered the parts I got. I guess I will tackle cleaning the underhood air parts so they don't look like a 50 year old Greek tragedy.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 07:11 PM.