View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 01:16 PM

I still pluggin along. Get up real early and put in just about a whole day before my real work starts. It been cold and rainy so the column parts were on hold.

I been cleaning switches and braces for the back of the dash bezel. Choosing the best part from the set of 4 I have. Windshield wiper and Headlight switch. Those are done. I soak the non-electrical parts in cider vinegar 3 days then they clean up with just a scrub brush. Eats any surface rust and turns it into a clay like substance that washes right off.

I also disassembled and cleaned Then re-assembled the dash air and heat slider controls. Oiled cables basically made sure it all worked and looked like new. Cleaned their switches to without saying.

Well today was the perfect day for paint temp humidity and zero wind. I got the column done. It in the back behind the steering wheel pic. The Horn emblem took a tour of the country going to the wrong places. Before it finally made its way here. I can't hold the camera still to save my life so there 2 wheel pics.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 07:13 PM.