View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 07:09 PM

screw the local laws, they never ever ever look under your hood, not unless you do something stupid like let on to the fact you are using illegal stuff. another thing is idk where you get off saying nitrous and superchargers are the same price... I could set up an elaborate nitrous system for much less than 2000 dollars, and the cheapest supercharger i can buy is out of the box 2000 dollars, plus i'd have to make a few changes to my set up to get optimum performance from it, and it wouldn't give me near the increase in hp as a good nitrous set up would. last thing i have to say is if hes frying things he's doing something wrong... too much ignition timing, not enough fuel etc. something like that. or he's just running too much for his set up and needs to build the engine differently. (when building a nitrous motor it's all about heat management, this means proper exhaust valve timing is key, and good exhaust scavenging/flow, that's why most nitrous cams have wider LSAs and and higher intake centerlines, and they are almost always dual pattern cams with more lift and duration on the exhaust side)

L31 Vortec Heads pocket ported with stock valves, Comp Cams N+L79-H, .462/.468 valve lift, 229/236 duration @.050, 112LSA, 9.6:1 compression, Summit Stage One Vortec intake manifold, Holley 600cfm street carb W/ vacuum secondaries