View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 05:40 AM

I sat in the car and tested everything it seems fine factory wiring wise.
I stripped open the extra wiring harness. Pulled wires the right color and the right connectors, plug ends for the gauges I got. today I will put the right color wires in the connectors and put them in the car. I got a copper oil line on the way for the oil gauge. Should be here tomorrow. I have to add to more dash lights. The factory gauges take more bulbs.
I am not sure but there is a yellow wire with the right connector extra in the harness. I got to look it up but it sure looks like the power for the clock feed was there if it had a clock or not.
I been cleaning contacts on the underhood wiring. That harness is in surprisingly good shape which is encouraging. I got to run all the grounds on the body under the hood still.
That is a pain I found out doing the air harnesses ground. Because I put so much primer and paint on everything. Cleaning a spot to put one. POR15 just don't come off with out a serious fight. Or the epoxy primer. But I guess that is a good thing it won't be rusting again.
I got everything in triplicate like i said so far it seems. I bought a basket case from a guy who had been stripping these cars to make one for years. His wife said just sell them and I will buy you one that is done if you promise to never work on it. She was tired of the mess. He had a good heart but he lacked what was needed to complete anything. He just got lost.
Anyway to the point. It is taking time searching out the small parts and correct bolts in the vast collection of junk I have.

LOL I talkin about him collecting junk. I been adding to it for 10 years myself. Forget what all i had and just anything 68 related if it passed by me I snatched it up.