View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak1 View Post
I was just wondering if most people on this site have larger tires on the rear then on the front. I was planning on staying with the same size tires all the way around (15X7 R215) so I could rotate them. But I was thinking the extra traction on the rear might come in handy since I'm lighter on the rear and with the deep 1st gear in the 700R4 and 375's traction might be a problem. What setup do you have on your car, and does having larger tires on the rear help?
Very good question and glad to hear you are "light in the rear" ... you should consider yourself lucky! LOL

I think an additional question would be "what do you think looks good and handles best" ... and personally I would go with the big and littles on rallys. As far as rotating, I do not think that should enter into the equation but, assuming the tires (or rims) are not directional I would think flipping from side-to-side would solve any wear problems .... and, of course, the rear set should ALWAYS wear faster than the front. <wink>