View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpoor View Post
Different strokes for different folks... I remove them from everything I get. Usually find rust underneath, which is one of the reasons I despise them.
I understand that point. But mine never sees the outside of the garage. I grew up dad had a blue 68 with a top on it. I kinda got used to it.

Every chevelle I ever owned had rust, This one had its rust fixed and rough bodywork done 15 years ago it hasn't come back yet. I don't imagine it will it don't see water much.

And I primarily owned chevelles in my youth I had 36 of them total. Buy them beat them and break them.

Back then they didn't have the metal treatment thing down yet. I epoxy primed it and will avoid driving it in bad weather if it ever runs again.

It is like a motorcycle to me now. I will drive it to death but accept it for it's flaws and not use it in the rain. Besides big blocks and posi isn't the best rain combination with a low gear anyway.

It isn't a practical car at all to me. Just something I like and want that cost way to much money for what it is.

I miss the gas crunch days when you could pick up monsters for a few hundred bucks myself. That was their heyday to me.

I am getting older now and like it because they were my first car. It gives me great joy just seeing this thing sitting in the garage. 25 years ago when the prices went ridiculous I thought i would never have another one actually.

My son will probably get more use out of this one than I do.