View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 08:48 AM

Well I did get alot done yesterday. I was under the car and found a bunch of work to do. I forgot all about the spots where I welded in the bucket seat tracks. Floor was basically done I spent a year on a lift doing the floor with the frame off of it. Fixing factory stampings and rock dents. You know stuff nobody will ever see but me changing the oil.

So I got some bodywork and Painting before undercoating to whip that back into shape. While I was doing this non sense decided the seal wheel well to quarter areas. They are getting additional non stock sealing. It isn't for sale so it don't matter if it is stock. Isn't like it going to ever see rain unless I get caught out in it. But I just want any rust proofing i can get. I will seal it while the interior is out still. Inside and then I am going to painstakingly do between the layers of sheet metal where it is folded over on the wheel side to. Keep water out of that little problem area these old cars have. Getting in between the layers of sheet metal. I already added drain holes there in the bottom front and back. A tip I learned when I was 16 from Jim. No water sitting no rust forming.

So anyway I am playing here resuming building the Pyramids. Ridiculous amount of detail work nobody will ever know about (except you guys) or see. Redesigning the wheel. But it is what i like to do. Try to eliminate the issues I had when I was a kid with these old cars.