Thread: Everyone gone?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 07:09 AM

Maybe busy? I know you've been busy, I have since we got back from FL. Current project is remodel family room. Finally found some new flooring we like and some tile to redo the hearth on the fireplace. We looked all over last year and couldn't find anything we cared for.

Old fireplace hearth was topped with a 2.25" thick piece of cement, 18" deep and 6.5' across sitting on a brick base. Nasty looking, no way to clean it short of bringing the pressure washer into the family room. Henry came over and we pried it loose from the mortar. I lifted one end and decided we weren't carrying it out in one piece. A 2 by under one end, a little sledge hammer work and we took it out in pieces.

Trash men were not happy with me, they threw the can in the ditch after they emptied it. I didn't even put a third of the old hearth in the can. Anyway, painting right now. Ceiling is done, working on walls, lot of trim work in that room. Next I'll build a new tile top for the fireplace hearth. Then rip up the old flooring and replace it. But it's supposed to be pretty nice out today. Need to pick up all the sticks in the yard and have a bonfire. Probably should fire up the Chevelle too.

I'll post some before and after pics later, assuming it all turns out good.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle

Last edited by Hank70SS; 04-23-2018 at 07:22 AM.