Thread: Everyone gone?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 03:27 AM

I got home from Florida Sunday morning. Left there Saturday morning at 7am. Had a decent drive, Atlanta traffic was a bitch again. Got stopped on I75 in Dayton Ohio for an hour due to a fatal crash. Ended up driving through the absolutely worst part of town taking an alternate route. Glad I had a couple of firearms ready to use if needed.

My well pump here in the shop froze up and busted the cast iron head. It's an old A.Y.McDonald, made in USA pump. No replacement head is available and a new one is around 400 bucks. Will look for something different. I built a Harley engine for a customer two years ago and it developed a very slight oil leak. I had to pull the heads off that yesterday to get the rocker boxes off. Spent the whole day working on that after I tore the pump apart. The new gaskets that they make today are just plain junk. Imagine that, a Harley that is almost 50 years has a small oil leak. I think I got it fixed. Used a set of old gaskets that I have had for decades. We shall see.

Weather isn't too bad here. Glad that I stayed a little longer down South. They had a record snow-fall here this year. A week ago there was an ice storm.

When did you come home Hank? It sounds like you have another major projecy going. Tell Henry the Nova has had a slight price reduction. I may have found 45 acres that I want more than the Nova.

Chevymaher, what is the hinge spot all about? Is the weather there colder than normal for this time of year?