View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 06:47 PM

Ray, it has no engine or trans in it... hence the "altitude." Plus, some dork put goofy rear shocks with coil springs in the rear. I was originally thinking COPO clone, now I am leaning towards a Factory Appearing L89 SS 396 build. I started to weigh the costs, and think the L89 would be more bang for the buck.

Tony, wish I could have stopped by your place today. Got a late start due to the rain, didn't get back home until almost 6pm tonight. Funny thing about the clean body, this car is from Wisconsin. Last registered in 1978, 67K documented miles. It is a real deal, "barn find."

My only concern is the trim tag, it's not there. It appears as if someone removed it to clean underneath it. Hope I can find it in the car somewhere. The VIN is intact, and the title is legit/clean. If I can't find the tag, does anyone make new trim tags? I wouldn't want anything that didn't reflect what the car wasn't. Just a replacement for what isn't there.

Any thoughts on the paint color? I am thinking it is code 55 - Azure Turquiose. I looked at some pictures of cars on Dale's site, and I think that is the color it most resembles.