View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymaher View Post
I had fits with mine also. One thing is the bright lights are keyed different than the outside ones. They are close but no cigar. So 2 buckets are for the inside lights and 2 for the outside and they are different. Indentations are off on one spot 1/8 inch so the bulbs do not interchange. But they will go in wrong like that. Try a different bucket.
Take the other light out and compare the notches. I had 3 inners and one outer when I started.
I checked the ones I had and all 4 of them are exactly the same. The indents for the tabs on the bulbs and everything. So, I'm guessing someone screwed up my order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulywood View Post
I actually might have some 1970 Chevelle headlight parts. 2 owners previous on my car started cloning it to a 1970. The guy I bought it from switched it back and gave me a bunch of extra parts in the trunk. I think there was a set of headlight mounts. If I find them you can have them for the cost of shipping if you want. I don't have a use for them. I think they are originals.
That would be AWESOME! If you find them let me know and we can work the details out and I can sent you the payment however you prefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgray396 View Post
Correct and installed drivers side A-B D-C is on outside of passenger fender.

Check and see if they have any letters on them. All the head lights should look the same in front and if I remember correctly the tabs on the high beam vs the low beams are not the same, so they will not fit in the wrong bucket.
The ones I have, have no stamping of any sort on them. After I did some reading last night, that was one of the few things I found, was something about the letters that were supposed to be on them and the order they go in.