View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 04:19 AM

I never lost interest. I am sure I will own mine barring a accident for the rest of my life. Wife is in her last semester of college now. It is almost my time for it to be finished.

I wont drive it in rain on purpose but i am sure i will get caught out in it a few times. But my plans are to use it as a driver like my truck and van. Tank a week is its ration. Drink it fast there big boy LOL.

Now it isn't everyone. People on this site are the exception to the rule. But it saddens me the type of people owning these cars and their attitudes towards the hobby. As I said before I tend to just enjoy it to myself locally where people are not like that and really couldn't give a crap about originality.

There was a post in the non chevelle tech section. Guy ask if anyone made a new stereo fit with extension cables. So I posted what I did.

Even then the holier than tho crowd reared their ugly head. I got a all numbers matching bla bla bla and it isn't right to do this. What part of nobody cares and this is non chevelle tech didn't you get.

I actually avoid numbers cars at shows because I don't want to hear the I am god attitude of the owners.

These types don't get it isn't about money or anything like that. It is a hobby and supposed to be fun. Personal choice in building a hot rod.

They kinda do the same thing in the boat forum. Telling new guys if it isn't a certain boat it wont be worth what you got in it when you restore it. Daa it is a boat I don't need it at all. It don't matter if it is a new boat it is a waste of money. Same thing applies to chevelles.

But like the chev I like it and want it. I am not fickle and know what I want. Anything i buy and put the time into to fix. I will get my moneys worth out of it just by the fact I will wear it completely out . It will be in the same shape I originally got it in when I am 90.

Here in my part of the world there are alot of guys like me. Cars that sit under a tarp. Never use them. But they will never get rid of them. So value is irrelevant. Once you get old and die you can't take the money with you. it is about enjoying the time you have here.

Everyone has dreams. And fulfilling them is more important than money is. LOL I found out getting this boat. That was one of my wifes dreams to have one. She is a Philippino and a island girl. So boat is a chevelle to her in her world she came from.

She supports my want for the chevelle but is kinda blase' about it. Show me when it is done and I can ride in it. Now the boat she is asking are you going to work on it today when you got time. She wants that puppy back on the water.