Thread: Brake light?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 07:19 AM

Yes just a smaller version. I bought a trashed El Camino for the A/C dash parts. Mine was apart for over 10 years. I used the el as a assembly manual to get the dash factory looking assembled. I had several gauge sections. All of them were like that.

On one of the lower corners the bolt where the metal of the gauges bolts to the plastic bezel. Between the bolt and the metal of the gauges. Just use a heavy wire with a eyelet. Like this one from my spare wiring harness junk. I imagine the original straps are hard to find. All of mine but one were rotted and fell apart cleaning them on the wire wheel except the one I used. Turned green.

I got my car in boxes basically guy has been stripping them for years to build one. He had the stripping them down to a science. The putting together not so much. Mine was a parts car and he sold off the A/C years before.

Anyhow things like your experiencing are generally bad corroded grounds. And the wiring is searching another ground anywhere it can find one. Back feeding.