View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 06:19 PM

Had a good weekend at Frankenmuth, as usual. Good turnout considering weather forecast. Hot and muggy for the big block party but lots of cars and good turnout.

Saturday was on and off clouds but the place was still packed. In the afternoon the front finally moved through and the rain started. We were on the other side of the park when it started to rain a little. I didn't put the plastic rain cover on the Chevelle, it was already wet. Ric and Eric put them on their cars. So we're standing under the canopies holding them down and trying to stay dry when the wind grabbed the cover off of Eric's 34 Ford. It blew down the road, about to wrap around a women walking when it filled with air. Looked like a jelly fish and went over her and eventually landed in tree. Hilarious, unfortunately no one caught a video of it, happened so fast.

The cover on Ric's Camaro was flapping in the wind, the water blowing into the lifted Jeep next to his car. Finally it blew off and covered the side of the jeep. A little late, the jeep was already soaked inside. My cover was fine under the back of the Chevelle.

So the rain stopped, we went into town and watched the cars cruising main street. Another great weekend with good friends. What's a little rain when you're with friends.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle