View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:41 PM

SS Shawn-
I put this LS3 in the engine bay back in 2008. When I started this in 2006, the only kit to put these things in was the 1st gen BRP kit - which required F-body accessories and F-body oil pan. The engine sits higher in the engine bay, which required more mods to the tranny tunnel. It also made the F-body oil pan completely concealed behind the frame crossmember. There is zero chance of it ever coming in contact with anything - that is nice. I bought a pull-out LS1 and T56 from a 1998 WS6 Firebird and stripped the oil pan, windage tray, T56, and accessory drive for my project. Got a bonus set of MSD plug wires also....
Ms Grumpy-
Throughout this process I have seen my sister on more than one occasion post "Hey, great to see my car on the road again!" Then I get to correct her. She does not drive a manual transmission - so I don't have to worry about it being taken for any joy rides at the family reunions. And for the NOCC, I have considered it - but Uncle Sam might be sending me on a new assignment this summer - so I have to more or less leave the end of summer open ended in case I get sent to Korea or something. If I am around in August and not packing out - I can probably make it after all...
Update on the project - Got the inner fender dust shields/splash shields installed. I thought the staples were ugly - so I used some wide flange pop rivets instead. For the purist out there, I only used 7 per side. :-)
TJR