View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
Hank, can you use some of that 2500 that bho said you were going to save to pay your deductible?
I'm still waiting for that Tony. When it comes it should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
Prayers for Lynda's full and speedy recovery.

Both of us are retired but do not qualify for Obamy care.
Up until Oct, we paid $2500/month for BC/BS Gold health ins...$4800 ded

I got to fire them one month ago when I turned 65...big "pay raise" !!
Any my wife will be 65 in Feb '18
Lynda worked part time jobs in the schools. Reading aid, lunch monitor, after school homework help. Just part time stuff that changed over the years. She was going to quit right when they raised the cost of insurance through my work. I said, "hang on, see what it takes to retire instead of just quitting." We bought her several years of service so she could retire and get medical insurance as a retiree. Her pension isn't much so that plus a few hundred a year got us good insurance.

Lynda turned 65 last year, I did in June this year. So we have a medicare advantage plan. Didn't really save anything, they take medicare out of social security and we add to that for insurance. Less than before but now the SS check is smaller.

Some people need help and deserve help, I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with the idiots that have 6 kids but can't really afford to raise 1 properly. So we get to pay for their insurance, lunches at school, etc., etc. Okay, time to jump down off the soap box.

Oh, Lynda did fine. They pushed the stomach back down below the diaphragm were it belongs. Closed the hole in the diaphragm and stitched in some biological mesh stuff. The body doesn't reject it, actually grows around it so the diaphragm should be stronger and hopefully it doesn't happen again. It was robotic surgery. They didn't open her up, just 5 little slits.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle