View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
Chevy maher ,that van is nice . I been buying trucks here ,bought an off brand 66 Ford 4x4 ,a 72 Chevy longbed , a new trailer ,a 4 wheeler ,a 2000 Subaru and looking at a 70 shortbed stepper if I can sell some trucks .
Thank you. I like it alot. It is fun to drive. My truck is a durango I got from my brother. A rust bucket. I am going to restore that one. Wow I got a alot of metal to fabricate.

I have had it for 6-7 years now. It earned its keep because I have owned jeeps a camache actually. And this thing is more sure footed in ice and snow than anything I ever owned. You are not getting stuck ever. I keep big AT type tires on it.

And I like its looks. It is actually the wife who don't even drives truck. I wanted a jeep. But she said you got 2 cars the van and the chevelle. Cant I have that. I said it needs so much work. She replied but look how bad the chevelle was and you fixed it. I said so the truck is your chevelle then? She smiled. Okay it is her baby and we keeping her.

I am getting a good tax refund this year waiting for that. Finish the boat up. She is finished with college now. Got her licence RN Nurse. She is hired at the hospital already. Friday was her last day at her old job. Monday starts paid orientation on the new one.

So economically things here just changed for the better. This is what we been waiting for. I go back to the chevelle after the boat is done. Well that and building a garage out back for all the crap I got sitting outside. But I expect the chev be done and driving within a year or so now.

I got my eye on the 536hp 578tq Crate Mercruiser 454 boat engine. Comes with a dyno sheet. After the vans Mercruiser it has I all about the boat engines. Slight burbling idle. And ungodly torque at idle. HP suffers some but they are so much fun to drive. A/C and stoplight traffic compatible. I am going to drive the chevelle. I mean alot like it is a regular car. No trailer queen going on here. It isn't raining Oh Yea I wanna burn alot of gas today LOL. Wear it out and return it to the car I bought. Get my moneys worth out of it.

Truck needs alot but I got it to where I think it will last till the chev is done now. Wait its turn in the hobbyshop rotation. Then new interior on the van and more engine mods.

I am a busy beaver here. I just got alot of different toys I fool with. And I fully expect a motorcycle to join the ranks here soon. Been a long time since I had one of those. Wife being a philippina a motorcycle is real high on her un needed cool things to have list. Got to love when the wife is onboard with the toys.

Just trying to enjoy getting old gracefully here.