Thread: Gas prices!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
Um? The new republican congressmen took office yesterday. Guess that blows your theory all to hell.
Doh! For some reason I was thinking this was Wednesday, they took office today. It's tough when you're retired, every week the same, 6 Saturdays and a Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
Not sure which is falling faster...
The price of a gallon of gas OR the Stock market.
I don't get the relationship. They say the low oil prices are driving the stock market down but that should only affect oil producers. Yes it affects U.S. oil production because we can't produce oil and make a profit at those prices but what about all the pluses for the rest of the economy. U.S. oil production is only a small part of our economy. Think about all the business and individuals that benefit from low prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
I think not, sir. Flat ass GREED is what made the prices go up. Oil is at 47 bucks a barrel today. Lowest price since the POS took office. And the POS said today he will veto the Keystone pipeline. I'm fixin to call you in a minuet.
Okay, okay, but you said prices were down since all the republicans got elected. All I'm saying is that ain't helping the gas prices since they're going up again. Oil prices are down because Saudi Arabia, the biggest producer of oil, refuses to cut production. It cost them $10-$15 to produce a barrel, U.S. producers need the price above $50 a barrel to make a profit. Not sure what their end game is, drive the U.S. producers out of business? I don't know what their motivation is but they're the reason crude is selling at $47 a barrel.

Oh, see you at the end of the month. Glad things worked out.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle

Last edited by Hank70SS; 01-06-2015 at 06:01 PM.