View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 06:54 AM

June 4, 2011 Saturday I was finaly able to do some work on the car. Not being able to get the quarter panel sanblasted this weekend. It was decided to work on the motor and finish it up. The cam I ended up using is a Summit #SUM-1787 Its 260/260 adv. duration and .427/.427 lift. Also used stamped roller rocker arms. Got it completly buttoned up with all new mini starter, updated alternator, new harmonic balancer etc. Valves adjusted. Couldnt find the oil filter part that bolts to the block. It must be at the machine shop. So I wasnt able to get it primed. Need some break in additive or break in oil. Next I Need to find a turbo350 core, as mine was junk. They are getting hard to find.

Sunday- I removed the drum brakes and control arms. Cleaned up all the frame forward of the firewall. Got it sanded(most of it already has a coat of POR15 from when sandblasted)and cleaned to get ready for the POR15 and then the thunder clouds moved in. The ones that make it look like dusk in the middle of the day. So I cover the car and sat on the deck and drank beer. The rains came and I was very greatful because we havent had rain in a long while. We are in a serious drought. It was nice to see rain beed up on the deck I pressure washed and sealed last weekend, instead of working on the Chevelle. Over this week Im gonna replace the ball joints with some new Moog's and also replace the control arm bushings. I had one that had zero rubber left. All but one ball joint were toast. Cant wait to drive it with all new moog suspension parts and the Grand Cherokee steering box. Pictures coming soon.