View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 10:39 PM

Drum roll and Rimshot. We got dash bulbs.

I did the underhood wiring harness today. Same ol, took it apart cleaned connections, inspected wires.

Seems somebody left the wipers on and turned the key off in this cars history. Tsk Tsk.

It rained sleeted or snowed something and froze them down. Hit the key and they froze down. Instant melted wires.

Never crossed anywhere. but they were stuck together. Insulation melted together on the 2 affected wires.
So I pulled them out and soldered the ends on a new wire of the correct color and put it back together.

So it is rejuvenated. Joke is once the engine goes in I will rewire for the new alternator. HEI. But that factory voltage regulator will be there looking like brand new doing nothing.

I a funny cuss ain't I? Go through all this restoration of things making sure they perfect knowing it going to be modified. But I like the stock body parts to be there and look like they should even if that system has been upgraded.
I do my best to hide the alterations and make it look factory. Like the frame and suspension stuff. Alter the geometry a tad and boxed in the control arms. Look under there you would never know.

I got dealer stickers for it when it is done. Maher Chevrolet. My buddy says it is truly a Maher chevrolet now. Hand built by a Maher. He is a retired chevrolet line worker. We hang out in the shop. He jokes with me saying I fixing the stuff they should have done in the first place.