View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 10:32 AM

Time for this weeks episode of Randy's Rant.
Ya know My cars came from michigan, texas and missouri. The 3 I combining for this one that had titles.
I see people trash talk peoples restorations by the parts used and the way they are assembled. Because it isn't in the book they bought.
Well unless there was a nationwide conspiracy to defraud cars in the 60's and 70's then the books they use are a guide and not gospel.
My cars all have the same wrong parts on them. Not what I seeing what they should have in certain peoples trash talk. I am a expert sessions when they are discussing weather a car is authentic or not. Seems alot of under hood left over 67 parts were used in 68. Or everybody got together and put the exact same parts on across the country. You see the condition of the cars I starting with. I doubt anybody changed oil on them much less changed parts. Low mileage ragged out trash.

Any how what got me going on this rant. My ignition switch wouldn't fit. I had 2 different screw on pieces and it wouldnt fit with the bezel I got. Well I got the other different parts and the bracket on the back of the bezel and the part that fits in the bezel were different. It handled now but it just made me think. Wow some people read alot but never actually worked on these cars.