View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 06:36 PM

Default New here 71 street machine

Hello all,

My name is John and I am building a 72 chevelle according to the registration but the decoded Vin says it's a 71 strange. From my Vin investigation along with the plate decoding it started life as lime green with green interior. The interior is black now. But either way I am far from a purist and more of chop cut hot rodder. I am in the workings right now of getting into production of making it as much carbon fiber as I can and making it a mean road hugging machine.

Well it started as my father's car but more a father son project. He was more a purist. So it currently has a bench seat with column shifter SS hood and badging that was on the vehicle when he purchased it. No luck on build sheet. But hey its new life life is gonna be custom racing style with some comfy features.

I am far from rich and have a 2 year old son so it's a slow build that I drive as much as I can.

I sold my motorcycle that I was building as a street/track bike and put a set of afr 195 eliminators on the block which is 355 mystery cam small block with shorty headers running out 2.5 dual flow masters only cause we had side pipes for little bit. A rpm air gap manifold forged pistons running 9.5:1. My trans is a 700r4 I just rebuilt I will explain that one later. Full manual reverse pattern w engine braking. Out back a 8.5 10 bolt non posi w some real high way gears they are on the good bye list.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk