View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post
That's kind of what I'm trying to come up with, possibly using the rear seatbelts as the anchors.

Another option I'm considering is a removable bracket that attaches to my head-rest...
D...I like the headrest idea. I am picturing some sort of adjustable/locking/jointed arm coming off there. My GPS unit has a nifty little ball and socket-like joint on it that has 1080° of rotation or something, know what I mean, all directions. on all planes. That is what you need. You could drill a hole in the headrest and fasten to it when it is time to race.

Now that I think about it, maybe that isn't the greatest place, you could wind up hitting the headrest with your head and knocking it. Just thinking out loud. You could use the front seat belt bolts on the hump, and a spot near the center top of the rear seat back, maybe putting a stud/wingnut there from inside the trunk. That gives you good triangular/tripod support, and seems pretty straightforward.

I'll bet you could use 1/2" or 1" aluminum square tubing or angle, and incorporate the threaded tripod hole on the bottom of your camera to mount it.

That's it dude.