View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 04:34 AM

Default Random Rumbling........

I just turned 64. I don't need any more tools. A guy that I have known for decades called and said his grandpa, 98 years old, is dying. He has a bunch of old tools to get rid of. Turns out that I knew his grandpa decades ago. He was a welder at the old Fisher Body plant that I worked in as a pipefitter for a year or so back in the late seventies. I ended up buying 5 old hand built tool boxes full of stuff. Some good stuff, some junk. Been sorting and cleaning stuff for a few days. I will never use most of this stuff, and don't even know why I bought it. Just got me thinking about all the stuff that I have accumulated over a life-time and what is going to happen to all of it when I die. In this stuff, there are hand-written notes, burn permits, small diagrams of things that he built, and lots more. Kind of sad to see the way his life is ending. The guy was an exceptional welder, as I remember him. I can't think of anyone that will want all of my junk. Tools, cars, Harleys, car parts, Harley parts, tons of hardware. Guns, knives, ammo should sell pretty good though. The wife is going to have a hell of a time just figuring out what is here.