View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 06:06 AM

First it is a 50 year old car. Chances of it being as it left the factory are zero. Some people live in a dream world on that point.

On E Bay Hit the drop down menu and it will tell you where the cars are so you can go look at them.

My personal opinion is in your case no rust is the biggest concern. Everything else can be changed at leisure.

Now the biggie. Are you looking to play that game with the idiots or have a nice car to own. They say all kinds of stupid crap a car is worth 100 bucks if the lug nuts are not stamped original kind of stuff. In reality clones and non original cars go for the same money as the SS's if the work is good. They hate that.

They say stupid crap like I paid XXX for mine so this is all they are worth. Well I had one given to me free for putting a trans in once. Does that make all cars worth nothing. It was a factory SS missing the drive train. Just got to get your mind right and think for yourself on this stuff.

My car was a original A/C car that was canabalized for the A/C I put it back on. I got a extra under hood unit for one. The brackets and compressor from anything in the ball park fits. If that is your not checking numbers on the brackets kind of thing.

They sell new in dash gauges for a 69.

The price you want to spend will get you a good starter car. One that is solid and runs. If you don't worry about numbers and petty stuff. It would need alot of work still.

On the no title thing. Check your local state call the courthouse. Here no title may as well mean it was stolen. They don't care about the state it comes from personal problems. If there is no title and a bill of sale. You are not getting a title period.

It took me 7 years to get mine transferred and I had a signed title. Some places are easy and some are rough. My case it wasn't running so they wouldn't transfer it. Until I read the law my self found the loophole and basically tricked them into saying they had to do it.

Says here I got 10 days to register from the date of purchase. Response yes. Do I get fined if I dont. Yes who are you. Well explain to me how to do it if the courthouse refuses. Frankfort made a call to the local court house. They still refused to do it until I said wait I will call Frankfort he is waiting for my call. He will talk to you. Oh now we know how to do it.

You can get a title in the mail from a New England state I can find out which. Say you own it they send one.