View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
Oh, forgot to mention. Tony drove his Nova up on Friday. Got into the park and it stalled, he's had some issues with it stalling. So instead of parking it when he got it started he drove it back home. Came back later in his truck. Saturday he spent the day working on it and comes back on Sunday morning when most people have already left.

Dumb ass, we missed you and Kathy on Saturday.
First time that I've had a "vapor lock" issue on anything. I took the Pro-System high dollar carb off and put a new Holley 3310 on it. That's when the shit started.The underhood temp was causing a vapor lock. I took the hood insulation out and changed cooling fan. I had the Derale stainless flex-fan on it. Now has a 7 blade factory style one. Seems to have eliminated the heat problem. I drove it for a half hour, then let it idle for 15 minuets, didn't stall anymore.
Tell Henry call me and shoot me a decent offer and the POS Nova will be his. No warranty on the clock or radio though. Last time I gave a warranty, it has haunted me for years.
We would have liked to spend more time up there, but my feeble brain wouldn't let me .Had to fix the problem.