ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 07-09-2017, 02:18 PM

Thanks for thinking about my health Hank, unlike your buddy Ric. Could it be that Ric is looking to move into my place here, and with him pushing all the right buttons, he is "helping" me along to that third heart attack?

I dunno about just junking the POS Nova as of now. I've had it out for a couple of "spirited" blasts today and maybe I don't hate it quite as much now. The neighbors might, but not me.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:59 PM

I can appreciate that Tony, I was just acting as a friend that doesn't want you to get stressed out over it. I can just see that POS crapping out on you again. If that doesn't do you in then when you get so pissed off that you take a baseball bat to it that may. No offense but I do know you a little. Just looking out for you my friend, don't want anything bad to happen to you. Can't believe Doug traded it back to you. I mean really what kind of brother would do that knowing what could happen to you? All good my friend. Next time it takes a shit give me a call and I'll be there to remove that stress from your life.

As far as 'my buddy Ric', well that's between you two. Don't want to take sides in that thing. I do have an anniversary clock on the mantle that may appease Ric. Not sure where you would put it in the Camaro but if it would help fix the situation he's more than welcome to it. It is a family heirloom, but again just trying to help out my friends.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle

Last edited by Hank70SS; 07-09-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:38 AM

Well Hank. I can see who my real friend is. Thanks buddy. You got me to thinking about my brother Doug. Since I got the Nova back from him, he has asked me a hundred times if the car is listed in my trust as going to him. He has been bringing me a couple of cartons of smokes every week. I had a stress test scheduled a week or so ago, but he took me to the donut shop and then his truck wouldn't start, so I missed the appointment. I think him and Ric are talking on the phone a couple of times a week. I didn't realize how close the two of them have become. Food for thought, wouldn't you say?

Just wondering how that family heirloom clock would look here in my office? Would you be interested in trading it for the POS Nova?
Old 07-10-2017, 06:21 AM

That deal with Doug and Ric does sound a little suspicious. You better pay close attention to that. As far as the clock, I have to think about that Tony, I mean at least I know the clock works, can't say the same for the Nova.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 07-10-2017, 07:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Tony...with that story I want some of whatever you are smoking.

Well Doug really does understand the situation I'm in and he said he is willing to do what ever it takes to make me whole again, that is what I call a friend.

He said that he will be able to get me the Nomad for all the pain and suffering now that the radio is not working as well but he did not tell me the plan. So if you get a chance in the next month or so can you get power steering installed?

Hank, thanks for Geoffery Fiegers number and he said that he maybe able to get the Nova as finders fee for you.

Tony, I know you read these early in the morning before breakfast so be sure too add a lot of salt to you eggs and remember Bacon is your friend.

So when we all going to get together for some drinks?
Old 07-11-2017, 04:12 AM

Ric, do you want the CPP power steering unit, or should I look around for a better price? OK, I gotta get back in the kitchen and get that bacon frying up! Kathy says that it's better if I cook the 16 oz package instead of the 12 z one and eat it all. She said that I need to put a little weight back on.

I'm ready for a couple of cold ones anytime. Give me a call. About time you guys shoot up for a minuet. Take a break.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Only the best on the power steering since you are paying for it.

I will see when Hank has time from being retired to head over for a couple hours.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:35 AM

I sent some pictures of the POS Nova to a guy that says he interested in buying it. We shall see.

I hope he isn't one of those "clock guys".
Old 07-13-2017, 06:09 AM

I would just shoot a hole in the clock just so he knows it dont work and tell him one of your close friends did it .

John
Old 07-13-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
I would just shoot a hole in the clock just so he knows it dont work and tell him one of your close friends did it .

Excellent idea! I like that!