ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle Introductions

Old 04-23-2014, 05:07 AM

Default VA Noob

Name is Scott. aka: "Stinky Scott"

8 year Army vet. 2000-2008. Served two tours in Iraq 2005 as a .50cal turret gunner on a gun truck crew & 2007 as a contracting officer (was a Sergeant / E5, officer was just the job title) under General David Petreaus in the Green Zone, Baghdad Iraq.

35, married with 3 little ones. Son that is 2 and two daughters 8 and 9.

Into all forms of art. I do custom painting (mostly small stuff like helmets and motorcycles), hand tooled leather, and lots of drawing.

I'm addicted to cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Mainly a Chevy guy and mostly into old style home built choppers. None of that kit bike chopper B.S.

I also collect cool vintage items, antique bicycles (sometimes restore them, sometimes just clean them up a little), and old motorcycle helmets (mostly the old metalflake ones or the vintage motocross or street full face). I'm mainly into tacky 70s vintage stuff. Born in 78, so I kinda dig the stuff I grew up around, like those corny brown, yellow, and orange afghans. Or the green tweed rocking recliner, or the brown and gold tweed rocking recliner in my "man cave" hahaha. One of the cooler collectibles I aquired about a year ago was a complete set of 1974-ish "Street Chopper Magazine" trading cards.

Also a founding member of a small local hot rod & chopper club called "the Frankensteins" Check us out on Facebook @

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frank...448590?fref=nf

A few of my past and present toys:

My first car and high school ride. 1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe. 331 Hemi and an automatic with shifter on the dash. Sold it years ago.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:07 AM

1969 Chevy C10 short fleet I recently sold nicknamed "Nasty Nadine." She had a 250 L6 and 3 on the tree. What a blast to drive.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:08 AM

1957 VW beetle oval window. Drove a 1987 Toyota 4x4 turbo SR5 from VA to San Antonio TX and traded it for the beetle. Drove the beetle from TX back to VA with no brake lights, signals, or heater LOL! In December and it was snowing in VA when we hit the border. My friend Jon rode with me and we were riding in sleeping bags, mittens, and winter stocking hats!

There were MANY MANY more, but I won't continue to bore you with all of them. SO, on to the current toy...

This was purchased new in 1972 by my grandfather, then passed to my pop, then passed on to me (in it's current condition). 1972 Chevelle Malibu sports coupe. Originally Cranberry Red. 1971 Camaro Z28 350 engine, th350 trans, 3.08 open gear rear. She has been sitting for 15 years in a shed. I'll start a build thread on her if someone will tell me where you guys keep your build threads around here. Just pulled her out and fired it up for the first time in 15 years. MAN what an awesome feeling!

Old 04-23-2014, 07:20 AM

Welcome Scott, great introduction. Thanks for your service. Where are you located? Maybe I missed it if you mentioned it. Chevelle General Talk would be a good place for your build thread. Again, welcome and keep us updated on the build.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 04-23-2014, 07:43 AM

Welcome Scott to the site. Some very fun rides you have had. Check out Flash's C10 truck he just got back from the body shop on here. And thank you for your service. Glad to see the 72 still in the family. A few 72 owners are on this site also. .

Here's a link to the truck
http://chevelleforum.org/showthread.php?t=4142

And in my Photobucket account are some more photo's
http://s777.photobucket.com/user/sha...80627303206241

Ray

Last edited by shadowgray396; 04-23-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:43 AM

Welcome from Ga ,glad you joined us . Thanks for your service and we love old car and truck pics .

John
Old 04-23-2014, 09:06 PM
Bowtie Member

Welcome Scott. '72 Malibu here. flash and his Mrs. have a beautiful 72 Malibu convertible too. I would also like thank you for your service. You collect some really cool things. I know that Mark Meldrum from the NOCC (Northern Ohio Chevelle Club) is also into antique bicycles. You did not put where you are at but if you happen to live near Ohio there is an awesome Chevelle show the beginning of August. I can't wait to see everything that you do to your car. There are a great group of people here who have a wide wealth of knowledge about Chevelles and many other cars. I look forward to hearing more from you.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 04-24-2014, 07:41 AM

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys!

Sorry about the location, the thread title didn't help huh.

Staunton, VA right in the middle of the BEAUTIFUL Shenandoah Valley.

I'll start a build thread soon to keep everyone updated on the progress of my Malibu. ;}~
Old 06-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Banned

Hi Stinky welcome!