ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2017, 06:28 PM

Default Fun Day!

Well we finally had a day with no rain, wind or sleet so we got to clean up some leaves. Lynda had a follow appointment for surgery a couple of weeks ago so we got started around noon. I just finished up around 7:00 PM.

We bought a lawn sweeper and I started picking up leaves. Lynda feed the fire. Since most of them were wet I was picking them up faster than they would burn so I switched between picking up leaves and cutting the grass. Shaved it down to 2.5". We have about 1.5 acres, mostly grass and we got all but about 10-15% done. Only problem is all the leaves that are still in the trees. I'm thinking they won't get cleaned up until next spring.

Tony, I did take a couple of minutes at lunch break and took some pictures of our summer project(s). Supposed to rain again tomorrow so maybe I can post them and add a little narrative. Should have taken the pics a month ago, things looked alot better before all the new plants got hit with freezing temps. Anyway, right now I need a beer, cigarette then maybe some dinner.

Hope you all had a good day, better than mine anyway.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle