ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 01-01-2021, 06:07 PM

Default OOPS mistakes...

I'm sure we all have some things that we have done while working on our cars... I'll share one from about 2 years ago.

Car was washed, waxed and ready for a car show. I pulled it out into the street, put it in park and set the e. brake... left it running.
I went back into the garage to get something - when I turned around, the car was gone. Vanished...

I ran back out of the garage and it and the neighbors mailbox were having an intimate moment. I actually did NOT put it in park - rather it was in neutral and, I did NOT fully push down on the e. brake.
The road in front is downhill and had the wheels not been cocked to the right a bit, the car would have gone down the street and into a ravine.

Final note: Haggarty insurance completely covered the repair. They were awesome... Me? Not so awesome....
Old 01-01-2021, 10:05 PM

I’ve had my car roll before too. I don’t get out of it with the engine running anymore. Unless it’s on the lift I guess.
Old 01-02-2021, 08:59 AM

LOL I used to drive stick shifts as a kid. Pull up turn wheel into curb. Put block under wheel.

Leaving let out clutch a little reach out toss block into back seat shut door and move along.

My experience with e brakes was they are a good thought but not a good practice.

Last edited by chevymaher; 01-02-2021 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:53 PM

LOL pretty good story i got a bunch of non sense i did like that to. I was screwing up go carts and lawn mowers long before I got a car.