ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Events, shows or back yard gatherings

Old 09-10-2012, 07:27 AM

Hey Ric, let me know when they start taking reservations at the Fairfield, I'll let my neighbor know. He's going to see his car today, if all is ok he should have it Friday, a week too late.

Start calling the BI the beginning of June if you want to get in there. That's when the letters go out saying they're going to charge your credit card for the first night. They charge your card around the end of June so if people are going to cancel a lot will do it then.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 09-10-2012, 08:10 AM

Me, in charge of pictures? Well, if I can figure out how to get them off my "Barbie Phone" or my 35MM relic, I'll post them.

I went out the side door of the Motel, but they had the plastic fence up. I tried to move it, but in the dark it took a while to figure out that it was tie-strapped to the poles.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 AM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
Hey Ric, let me know when they start taking reservations at the Fairfield, I'll let my neighbor know. He's going to see his car today, if all is ok he should have it Friday, a week too late.

Start calling the BI the beginning of June if you want to get in there. That's when the letters go out saying they're going to charge your credit card for the first night. They charge your card around the end of June so if people are going to cancel a lot will do it then.
He will need to call on Sept 19th starting at 8:00 A.M. to get his name on the list and is will be good for the Fairfield and Spring Hill Suites. The number is 989.652.5000, I set my alarm at work (remember I'm not retired like you guys) and was first on wait list and they did not call me till first of July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
Me, in charge of pictures? Well, if I can figure out how to get them off my "Barbie Phone" or my 35MM relic, I'll post them.

I went out the side door of the Motel, but they had the plastic fence up. I tried to move it, but in the dark it took a while to figure out that it was tie-strapped to the poles.
Tony, you were taking pics with your 1999 Motorola flip phone and then you said you need to buy film for it to take any more. Did you ever find film for it?

Fence...there was no fence, I'm thinking you were having a Jack Daniels moment...or chasing the rabbit.

I did not find my camara till I packed the car up after you guys left me all alone. I did get a couple pics of Mike winning the award. I take bad pics, it looks like the hood is white and it's not.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2978.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	2203

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2977.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	2204

Last edited by RBeckman; 09-10-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post

Guess we should have put Kathy in charge of the pictures. I've gone out that way after the park officially closes and in the morning before it officially opens, never seen them close that entrance before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
He will need to call on Sept 19th starting at 8:00 A.M. to get his name on the list and is will be good for the Fairfield and Spring Hill Suites. The number is 989.652.5000, I set my alarm at work (remember I'm not retired like you guys) and was first on wait list and they did not call me till first of July.

Tony, you were taking pics with your 1999 Motorola flip phone and then you said you need to buy film for it to take any more. Did you ever find film for it?

Fence...there was no fence, I'm thinking you were having a Jack Daniels moment...or chasing the rabbit.

I did not find my camara till I packed the car up after you guys left me all alone. I did get a couple pics of Mike winning the award. I take bad pics, it looks like the hood is white and it's not.
I'll let my neighbor know about calling, thanks. Maybe the film in your camera is just old, try some new stuff.

I have a Nikon DSLR that takes awesome pictures. I just hate taking pictures, it takes all the fun out of walking around and looking at the cars. Besides, I heard they had over 4,000 cars registered and probably over 20,000 people walking around. The only thing you can take a picture of is the guy standing in front of the car you want to take a picture of.

My Chevelle
Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:

Who's wanting to get into the BI Hank?
I'm thinking of trying to get into the Marv Herzog Hotel. I'm going to compare the price to the BI. If it's about the same, then I'll probably try and get back into the BI. Looking forward to seeing ya'll next year!
http://www.marvherzoghotel.com/media.../photos/03.jpg
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 AM

Brian, Ric said he might move to the BI if he can get in there.

My Chevelle
Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie-Bri View Post
Who's wanting to get into the BI Hank?
I'm thinking of trying to get into the Marv Herzog Hotel. I'm going to compare the price to the BI. If it's about the same, then I'll probably try and get back into the BI. Looking forward to seeing ya'll next year!
http://www.marvherzoghotel.com/media.../photos/03.jpg
I've still got my name at the Marv Herzog, we did get to see a room that faced the river last year and it was cool and it was about $200.00

Quote:
Brian, Ric said he might move to the BI if he can get in there.
I've tried to get into BI for over 5 years and have not had any luck, if it works out I'd change just to be that close so when it comes to nap time it's only a few steps away....I just have to request a room that is not below Tony's in case he has one too many of Jack Daniels.

The room we had this year at Fairfield was facing main street and that was pretty cool....the band was just below our window but after the rain started Friday night they were done.

Last edited by RBeckman; 09-11-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:56 AM

My Friend Mike was looking for coverage on the Frankenmuth this year and ran across this article from last year.....Nice Chevelle...ha.

It must have been early on Friday as the grass is not worn yet and Tony must have went back to get the hot rod and left the Nomad.

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in..._rolls_in.html
Old 09-11-2012, 12:40 PM

If we can't get into the Marv Herzog hotel, then I'll try the BI.
Would like to get a river view, but you can't be to picky, so we'll have to wait and see......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
I've still got my name at the Marv Herzog, we did get to see a room that faced the river last year and it was cool and it was about $200.00

I've tried to get into BI for over 5 years and have not had any luck, if it works out I'd change just to be that close so when it comes to nap time it's only a few steps away....I just have to request a room that is not below Tony's in case he has one too many of Jack Daniels.

The room we had this year at Fairfield was facing main street and that was pretty cool....the band was just below our window but after the rain started Friday night they were done.