ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Events, shows or back yard gatherings
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Bowtie Member

Default Chevellebration Who is going?

So all the planets have aligned and we are going, as long as we can find a hotel room.

So I want to know. Who else is going?

And any suggestions on hotels would be nice.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 05-21-2010, 11:05 AM

I wish I could but unless it's closer to Reno it's going to be a problem. Anyone planning on a wagon train that is going through Nevead heading to Chevellebration?
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

I'm afraid to go.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:57 PM

Ill be there ,me and my wife are working on the trash detail there. If you find something at the swap meet we will also haul it to your car for you if needed. Looking forward to meeting some of yall. Gary,come on down it is going to be fun and we wont let anyone hurt you.

John
Old 05-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Administrator Bowtie Member

John,

Nance and I will be looking you up, if you have a minute to say hi.

Dave
Old 05-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandsport View Post
I'm afraid to go.
Inquiring minds want to know.. why ?

Old 05-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
Ill be there ,me and my wife are working on the trash detail there. If you find something at the swap meet we will also haul it to your car for you if needed. Looking forward to meeting some of yall. Gary,come on down it is going to be fun and we wont let anyone hurt you.
So it sounds like you have been before. This is our first, and I want all the information that I can get. Anything and everything..pleeze..

Old 05-21-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy View Post
So it sounds like you have been before. This is our first, and I want all the information that I can get. Anything and everything..pleeze..
There are 4 "main" hotels that are reletively close together, 3 that share parking lots, this is where all the night action happens. Best Western, Red Roof and Quality Inn? I think are the three, John can correct that I am sure.

It gets hot, eyeball sweating hot, bring cool clothes, and lots of sun screen. The show field is wide open to the sun, so you either sit under the big tent or someone elses tent, one of the blue boxes or you are in the sun. Night time cools down considerably, and after how hot daytime is, it feels even cooler so a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt is a good idea. People hang out in the best western parking lot until literally all ends of the night drinking and chatting and having a blast.

Thursday night is drags night, follow someone. There is a tricky turn that is easy to miss, so following someone that knows where they are going is best. Friday night used to be the cruise, I believe it is now the autocross event. Saturday is awards day under the big tent.

Bring some lawn chairs for sitting by the show field or by your car, it gets to be a long day, and a cooler to keep drinks cold.

At some point, the mouth of the south will make an announcement that the Team Chevelle picture is about to be taken, so if you want to be in that, pay attention to where he says to go. Also he will announce when Chuck is going to be taking the cover picture for Chevelle World magazine, if you want to be on it waving, listen up and go to where he says to be, usually below the big tent on the hill. You'll know where all the featured cars are sitting, thats where the cover photo is shot.

Saturday night in the best western parking lot is the Cajun cooking feast, you dont want to miss Ernie and the Lousiana boys cooking cajun in a huge kettle with row boat oars Great food!!!

There will be seminars all weekend long put on by various vendors and whatnot, those seemed pretty cool to me. If you forget anything, dont sweat it, their is a kmart across the street from the hotels. Lots of fast food as well as better food in the area as well, drive around a bit and explore goodlettsville. Also the Grand Ole Opry Mall is pretty cool, so is downtown Nashville and the music row area.

I'll probably think of more

Jeff
2006 Cadillac CTS-V LS2 and a 6 speed
Old 05-21-2010, 09:54 PM

My wife and I are members of Midsouth Chevelle Club (host club of CB10) and volunteered to help with trash detail after the death of our dear friend Butch Johnson who was in charge of this task. We are also members of our home state club (Peachstate Chevelles ),Heart of Dixie ,Carolina Chevelle Club ,North Florida Chevelles ,and Northern Ohio Chevelles. Now back to more info on CB10 ,you will want to go down to tent row at the tree line and there you will be able to meet members of various Chevelle club members. Many will have a banner telling you which club they are with ,if not just walk under the tents and talk to anyone and everyone and they will gladly share food and good cheer with you. If you see an empty chair chances are you will be asked to sit a spell. Everyone is friendly ,if they werent your friend before they will be now. It is like a big family reunion every year but your family grows yearly. If you see a car that just stands out to you be sure and tell the owner you think so . We will be all over the place but you can call me during the show if you want to meet .My cell# is 770-833-6975 .The vendors and swapmeet area is always great ,the games are fun to watch or partake in (children and adults) .Food is available on site or bring your own .Some clubs sell their merchandise there as well . Bring your sunglasses ,sunscreen, a good hat and wear good comfy shoes as you will want to walk around all the cars. Also bring a camera with plenty of memory and batteries. If you go to the dragraces be sure to follow someone that knows where they are going cause alot of us got lost. Maybe we can get an address for the dragstrip for our GPS.

John
Old 05-21-2010, 10:00 PM

There are also plenty of restrooms available at tent row and below concessions and near the swap meet area.

John