ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 06-24-2015, 07:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
Picked up my S&W .357 from the cops today. The criminals did not treat it with respect. Once again, I HATE thieves.
Well they are scum of the earth and they don't care about your or anyone else's stuff and all you hope is that they become Bubba's girlfriend in Jail.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:26 AM

Hank, they didn't have the courtesy to clean it. In fact, it looks like is got very wet. Some small rust spots on the barrel and the thing is full of burned powder. I hope they didn't use it in any crimes. The cops don't send revolvers for ballistics testing anymore, only semi-autos. Brilliant thinking, huh? No word on anything else, except we know the stuff went to the dope dealers.

Ric, I can think of a few thing I would do to the criminals if I could. It wouldn't be pretty.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:32 AM

Oh yeah, we got our home-owners renewal policy lastMonday. Our rates went up 50%. That's right, 50 %. I am switching agents in July when it is due. I have some stories about my new agent. She took over for the guy we've had for decades, as he retired and moved to Florida.

I sent the check this morning to the claims adjuster for the pistol back. He says in doing this for over 20 years, no one has had the tenacity like I have for wanting my stuff back and to see the criminals in jail. He also said if it wasn't for my involvement. nothing would have ever been done on my case and the insurance company should be paying me for doing the cops work.Pitiful, just pitiful.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
Well they are scum of the earth and they don't care about your or anyone else's stuff and all you hope is that they become Bubba's girlfriend in Jail.
Well it wasn't his stuff anymore. It was theirs, they purchased it from the dope dealer.

No ballistics on revolvers, just semi-autos? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Who do have for homeowners insurance Tony? We have AAA for the cars, motorhomes and house. Not sure about homeowners insurance but AAA has good rates for cars. When companies advertise that you can save $XXX they never compare their rates to AAA. They compare to State Farm, Allstate, Progressive but never AAA.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 06-25-2015, 08:46 AM

Well shit Hank. I never looked at it that way. I suppose the right thing to do would be give the criminals back the dough they paid the dope dealers for the gun. Perhaps I could convince them to meet me in a nice secluded spot, ya know, so I can PAY them what they have coming.

We have Auto -Owners insurance on both houses here and a total of 8 vehicles. I have Hagerty on the 3 old cars. Andrea, my step-daughter, is now a licensed insurance agent for Auto-Owners. She got her Masters Degree in Public Health and decided to expand her specialties. She is in the financial dept at MEA. She looked over all of our stuff and has come up with some decent prices now. The agent that took over for the retired guy is the most incompetent insurance person that I have ever dealt with. I had an hour long conversation with her supervisor yesterday. He wants to keep us as clients, but too late for that.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:05 AM

I don't know how much they paid the dope dealer for the gun but I wouldn't give them that much. They did abuse it so there has to be some amount of depreciation.

Good that Andrea found you a better deal. Some people stick with the same insurance their whole life. We've had AAA, State Farm, Allstate and now AAA again. If you want the best rates you have to change every so often.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle