ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 06-05-2014, 07:34 AM

Default Been Quite Around Here

Seems like everyone must be out enjoying good weather. It's been a little light with activity lately around here.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:44 AM

I have been really busy lately ,couple of non paying side jobs ,home projects and that sort of thing .Our weather comes and goes ,lot of thunderstorms lately in the north Ga area .

John
Old 06-05-2014, 09:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to SS Shaun

lol i have not had a chance to do anything in my garage all i am doing is house work and yard work! i told my wife last night. I am going on well over a week and i have not touched a wrench or in my garage. so she is giving me some time on saturday..lol
Old 06-05-2014, 11:21 AM

Im hoping this stormy weather pattern leaves us soon ,last several cruise ins have been rained out .Im hoping to take the truck out saturday to a cruise in and if the weather holds long enough to get the Malivert out later that evening before it thinks I have forgotten her .

John
Old 06-05-2014, 06:06 PM

Been pretty busy too. Now that the weather is nice there's a lot of stuff to be done outside. Started a project I should have passed on but too late now. I'll post some pictures in a few days of this project guys my age shouldn't consider.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 06-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Bowtie Member

Sorry guys I have been really busy too. For the past 6 weeks I have been dealing with a cat with feline leukemia. I have been having to give him an IV and meds everyday. Topaz was our first adopted cat and we knew he had the leukemia but we thought we would have more than 22 months. We all took it really hard.

Then I had been working on getting my garden rebuilt, which I started over a week ago. In the middle of which we lost Topaz and last weekend I had a wedding cake for over 200 people to do. My family hates when I do a cake because I turn into a real bitch. I know I do, but I am dealing with the health of many people and I need things a certain way.

After delivering the cake I worked in the back yard all day Saturday and Sunday and Monday. Then it rains so I can't do much outside. Finally finished the garden on Wednesday. And today I tore apart the other 8 x 4 garden and built another 8 x 8 garden. I still need some dirt but my body wants some time off.

On the plus side. I finally have the time to take my car out this weekend and the weather is supposed to be nice. I just have to decide if I want to go to the C.A.R.S. show or another big show at a church in the neighborhood I grew up in. Decisions decisions....

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 06-06-2014, 01:02 AM

Just got back from a 10 day run out of town. Hoping to get the car out this weekend. I have been gone 27 days out of the last 31. Things around the house and the beach house are out of control. Heading down tomorrow morning to take care of the beach house yard and then back to our house to deal with the lawn there. Not sure if I'm gone again on monday again. Glad everyone is doing ok. Sorry to hear about your cat Nancy. Looking forward to seeing some pictures Hank on your project.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Nancy, Wilson's Barn Car Show is this Sunday. Its at W. Chicago & Middlebelt in Livonia. Last year there was around 650 entries there. I'm pre-registered already #13 on the list. Hopefully that will be my lucky number for a trophy. They said the show goes on rain or shine.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Bowtie Member

13 is my daughters lucky # and I am hoping it is yours too. I am not sure what I am doing Sunday. I know that you have to be pre registered for the Barn show and that they are doing some on Saturday but I am still trying to decide if I am going to Rochester Hills for the C.A.R.S. show or to Fraser for a different show, but either way I will be on the other side of town.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I have heard that the barn show is an awesome show. Starting Monday it is the Cruising Gratiot week. All week long they have events every night then on Saturday they block off one lane for the classic cars that have purchased a "lane pass". It is only $10 and it no worse than paying a few dollars for a car show.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

I have been in Cave Creek Arizona since Sunday getting to know my Granddaughter that was born in Feb...it has been in the 110 degree the whole time..we are also looking at retirement home as well to buy and rent out till we are ready.