ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Engine & Trans

Old 03-20-2010, 04:48 PM

Default 66 Clutch Fork

Ok Boys, new guy here and i don"t even have a chevell........i have a 66 gto and was wondering if this is the same clutch fork you guys have for a 66........mine is beaten up pretty much..........the repos ive been getting are not really close to the orginial...........any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for helping a guy out.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66 Pont clutch fork 001.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	294   Click image for larger version

Name:	66 Pont clutch fork 002.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	295  
Old 03-20-2010, 06:23 PM

If anyone has some pics of their 66 forks, could you mail them to

Richs66@charter.net

If someone has a decent spare, let me know.............sorry if i am asking in the wrong section here.........im new, give me a break. LOL

Rich
Old 03-20-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
So, is that picture the actual one you want to replace? I might not be seeing it but I really don't see where the issue is? Help me out here....

(And, Welcome Rich!)
Hey, thanks for the quick reply...........the pics are bad.........the hole where the bellhousing stud goes into is really chewed up bad........also the springs that hold the TOB are worn really bad, if i put a bearing in it, it bascially falls out with any kind of movement. Its not pretty. LOL

From what i understand the orginial part # was GM 9787069.........ive tried a few different forks from different sources.........not sure if you familar with some of them. Ames & Performance Years are mostly pontiac vendors......but the repo they sell is GM # 14066345.......which is bascially a 73-77 chevell/nova/monte carlo deal.

Im not a stickler about orginial parts, i"ll use a ford part if it fit right.........im just having a hard time figuring out why i can"t get this part........lakewood has something similar # 15500 i believe..........put it totally looks different than what i have...........im just wondering if its gonna work or not.

Now the Parts Place out of chicago, sells excately what i need, so i ordered one, you can"t barley get the TOB in it..........looks great, im not sure if the part can be repaired to work right.........and for $59 bucks, which isn"t that much money, i shouldn"t have to pay some another $100 bucks for their labor and not be able to fix it right.

Im just trying to find out if this is the same as a chevell part........probubly would be alot easier to find..........i think.

Give a pontiac boy a break and help .........

Thanks, Rich
Old 03-20-2010, 07:52 PM

Wish I could help. It looks like you're basic clutch fork to me but without measurements no way to tell if it's the same as a Chevelle clutch fork.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
Wish I could help. It looks like you're basic clutch fork to me but without measurements no way to tell if it's the same as a Chevelle clutch fork.
Hank, thats what i thought it was a basic clutch.............ive been thru 4 repo"s and none are even close..........and they keep telling its the right one. LOL

Hope these pics help some..........

In any case if someone has a spare fork laying around for a 66 , could you snap a pic, that way i might be better able to tell what excately i have here.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pont & chevy fork 001.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	296   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pont & chevy fork 002.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	297  
Old 03-20-2010, 08:23 PM

The one fork in the back is the "Chevy" repo.........quite a bend in that mother. Im gonna try to send some other pics so you guys get a better idea on what im babbling about.

Found a couple more pics............problem is you can"t see the "Bend" in the chevy repo"s compared to the pontiac one.

You can see i got them on a treadmill, gotta keep em fit. LOL

Just wanted to say thanks for helping a pontiac guy out...........tried to get these questions answered on a pontiac forum.........well you can see how that worked out.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ames GM Z-bar 001.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	298   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ames GM Z-bar 002.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ames GM Z-bar 003.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	300  
Old 03-21-2010, 07:03 AM

I can see what you're talking in those last pics. I have a 70 and no clutch forks laying around so I can't help much. I guess a 66 Chevelle one might work but but the engine and bell housing are different so the odds are slim. If you want to try one order it from NPD. No problem with returns at NPD, guess you get stuck with shipping costs. I'm close to an NPD warehouse so I don't pay shipping but I believe they're reasonable.

My Chevelle
Old 03-21-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
I can see what you're talking in those last pics. I have a 70 and no clutch forks laying around so I can't help much. I guess a 66 Chevelle one might work but but the engine and bell housing are different so the odds are slim. If you want to try one order it from NPD. No problem with returns at NPD, guess you get stuck with shipping costs. I'm close to an NPD warehouse so I don't pay shipping but I believe they're reasonable.
Hey Hank, checked out NPD, same as everwhere else i looked.........im gonna take another chance on the Parts Place fork, hopefully i can bend the tabs up some by the throw out bearing.......if not, another bad one. LOL

Thanks for helping out.

Rich
Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 PM

Good luck. I did a quick Googel on the part# and it looks like a BOP only part, not a Chevy.

My Chevelle