ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Events, shows or back yard gatherings

Old 08-08-2013, 11:15 AM

Welcome Scott and yes there is a section ,its the classified section . Post up what you have or what you need.

John
Old 08-08-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post

I'm sorry the Canopies both say "Chevelle" and Tony's bringing the 34? I did not know that there is a 1934 Chevelle.
We'll stick with the Chevelle canopies. That white canopy of Tony's was kind of tacky looking anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
Do you want to park with us in Flint? Last year there was only one Chevelle in the whole group and it was not mine. I will be bringing the Chevelle to both this year since the damn XXXXX is not working in the Camaro yet and I don't want to be late.
I'm bring a Chevelle, ah, that's the only old car I have. It's so old it doesn't even have a damn XXXXX!

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Bowtie Member

After the success at driving to the Ohio Show I am considering doing Frankenmuth. If I do, would there be room to park with you guys ?

This is also the first year that I did not pay for a spot on Woodward for the dream cruise. I am in the Berkley Parade on Friday night and was thinking about driving up to Flint on Saturday.

I was asked many times at the Ohio show about Woodward and Flint, I also got some negative feedback about Flint, which surprised me. Of course, since I live a mile from Woodward it has always made sense just to do the Dream Cruise. What do you guys think ? Is Flint worth the hour drive on Saturday for me ?

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 08-08-2013, 06:55 PM

Definitely room at Frankenmuth, just let us know and we'll stake out a spot for you.

Flint is not a cruise like the Dream Cruise, at least on Saturday. Downtown is blocked off and you park on Saginaw, the main street, and off the side streets. Then walk through town and look at the cars. Unlike the Dream Cruise, Flint actually wants you there and welcomes you. Didn't get the feeling that most of the cities on the Dream Cruise wanted you there the last few times I was there.

You have to ask Ric about parking. I talked to him today and spots may be limited.

Hope to see you at one or both.

My Chevelle
Old 08-09-2013, 04:53 AM

Ric, I can just drill a few holes in the roof of the 34 and put a roof rack on it. That way, I can carry my own stinkin canopy. I'll get one with a big blue oval.

The last few years, the black hood-rats have shown up in force at the Bricks. They do the typical bullshit that they are known for. This year, the show is going to end a 6PM. The organizers think that will help keep the scum from doing much damage. They are just getting out of bed about that time. The cops have set up in a big building, and will be watching for any black crowds to show up again. They hope to push them back to their own hoods. The stadium that is a few blocks from Saginaw Street is supposed to have free rap concert, hoping they will go there instead of coming downtown. It's a damn shame these people ruin everything they come in contact with.

There won't be as many volunteers this year either, so parking will be on a first come, first parked deal. They used to have sections for different groups, but it doesn't look like that will be the case this year.

There is normally so many cars they can't all be seen.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Bowtie Member

Hank I am going to see if I can still register for Frankenmuth and as soon as I do I will let you know.

Back to the Bricks, I am going to talk to grumpy and see what he thinks about coming up.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 08-10-2013, 06:51 AM

You can still register for Frankenmuth. Don't know your plans, just come up for one day or leave the car and come back. Pretty sure you won't find a hotel room. You can come up Friday, bring 2 cars and leave the Chevelle overnight and come back on Saturday.

My Chevelle
Old 08-11-2013, 10:24 AM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

I'm registered for Frankenmuth with the Chevelle and have my room.

As for Flint, I still have my 10 spots on Union and Saginaw St. and have to be there before 6am to hold them.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/f..._river_default
Old 08-12-2013, 11:17 AM

At this point, I'm still planning on going to the Frankenmuth show. If we can get a room, we'll be doing the block party on Friday night and do a walk thru at the show on Saturday before heading home. I've always wanted to do the Bricks, but with all the bad publicity, I've been apprehensive, although, if I were to get there early like 6 or 7am, I would be ready to leave way before the hooligins start rolling in. Have to think about this....
Old 08-12-2013, 11:42 AM

Brian,

Don't worry too much about the idiots at the Bricks. One of my good friends is the Undershirt for Genesee County. I talked to him last weekend about the Police presence. He says that he is confident they will be able to handle anything that may arrise. They have some pretty neat plans in place, along with all of the surrounding law enforcement agencies. Come on over. Lots of rides to see, plus I want to hear that new Camaro of yours.