ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Engine & Trans

Old 10-30-2018, 08:46 PM

question. my 350 threw a rod end of sept, low oil.currently machine shop is workingthe block and heads, bored 30 over.
I plan to basically use the stock parts to have it rebuilt, I had a edelbrock alum intake, 600 cfm 4 brrl, and headers. is there anything before they start putting new parts on I should consider doing? I assume the engine will retain the same h.p. as before? trying to keep total cost around $3000 which is what I was quoted for total rebuild and re install engine in car. thanks.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:54 PM

Im considering a rebuild on my wife's original motor for my Vert ,was hers , only had 55,000 miles on it but it drank oil badly . Im thinking about using a roller cam ,Aluminum heads and fuel injection . Your plan sounds pretty good though .

John
Old 11-22-2018, 07:57 PM

frustrating build. my mechanic got block back, the crank wouldn't turn once he installed in block, so now block is back for more machine work for the crank, another 200 bucks and balance the crank too. this seems like its taking forever, and I know, its winter now and I have all winter, but does it take months and months to get a engine rebuilt?
Old 11-23-2018, 03:18 AM

It don't take long to build a engine. Once the machine work is done right. Right being the key word here.